Adding a Shower with Radiant Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeL7

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to replace a jacuzzi in a basement bathroom with a walk-in shower.

I'm trying to work out some of the details so I can continue (already removed the tub and surround). The radiant loop visible where the tub was is the first issue. The loop is part of the radiant tubing which heats the rest of the bath floor. I assume they included the loop around the bottom of the tub for some heat under there. My plan is to extend the radiant under the shower area by cutting the existing loop out, installing sleepers on the floor with aluminum pex plates and adding a new section of radiant tubing tied into the existing loop (this is how the existing radiant was done under the black slate in the pic below). On top of this would be cement backer board and then a mud bed and then tile. I'm wondering if this is a good plan or would there be any issues with it?

Thanks, Mike

IMG_2411.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks