3-Way Switch Wiring Help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Nealis

Reaction score
Working on wiring lights in my attic, it was rewired some time ago, drywall etc. took some time to finish and now I'm returning to actually wire in the lights. I know we had a plan when it was originally done, but as I look at it and my reference sheets, I'm confused. I've attached an image of how we ran the wiring, what I'm looking for is guidance as to the actual connections within each light can and the switch configuration. Let me know if there is anything else that would be helpful information that I've omitted.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4269.JPG
    IMG_4269.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 326

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
just lableing wires b, w, & r is not enough. We have to know WHERE you are connecting the wires. After you get the two switches wired together PROPERLY, you only need hot, neutral, and ground wires, (regardless of their colors), to the fixtures.

Nealis

Reaction score
My issue is that I'm confused as to where to hook up the wires. Can I use this diagram, and connect Light, 2,3,4 with hot and neutrals off light 1?

3way_switch_end.gif

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Yes, if you can keep the wires straight. This one has a switch at the end of the lights, but you indicate that both of your switches are at the beginning, which simplifies the wiring.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks