3/4" Feeder Line to Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveC1

Reaction score
In my Master Bath Remodel, the Water Heater is about 7' from the corner of the room. It has a 1/2" Pex Line coming to the bathroom. Lots of people have said that this feeder line should have been 3/4" but I would have to rip out some walls to make that happen. Since all of the downstream lines are 1/2", I don't see flow as being an issue unless all lines(bath, shower and vanity) are turned on at the same time. Do you think I need to change this feeder line?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'll probably notice that filling the tub will take longer than if it had a 3/4" line, but a single shower head will be fine, as will the toilet and sink, but you definitely will notice if someone tries to operate more than one fixture off of that line at a time. On the up side, because there's less volume in the pipe, it will get hot quicker than if it were 3/4", but you may not notice with the WH only 7' away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks