1G and under toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

sjssmith

Reaction score
I've done a fair bit of research on single flush toilets with a maximum flush of 1 gallon. I am looking to replace a toilet in a small bathroom shared by five children with a round bowl ultra low flow toilet. I'm in a drought prone area and the water savings will add up. It seems like some options are the Niagara Stealth 0.8gpf, the Toto Drake II 1.0G, a Flushmate IV (4L) option (Mansfield Quantum One or similar), or a Zurn EcoVantage 1.0G (unknown pressure system). The Niagara Stealth 0.8gpf seems to have reliability issues and is not well regarded around here, leaving the Toto or a pressure assist toilet. All of the remaining toilets are in the same ballpark pricewise (~300-400). The MaP rating on the Toto is 600 vs 1000 for the pressure assist options. I know that it is oft repeated that 600 is good enough for most people, but I have my concerns about kids and copious toilet paper use. I also know that repairs to a pressure assist toilet are more costly than a gravity toilet. I also know pressure assist is loud. Is the more assertive flush worth the increased noise and repair headaches? For a heavily used toilet in a house in a drought prone area what would you do?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All of those mentioned work. I installed the Stealth 0.8 GPF for my daughter with kids, and it worked fine.
I've installed plenty of the 1G TOTO and the Flushmate 1G pressure assist. The Costco Kirkland paper seems to work fine with these. It's more about the kind of paper you're buying. 500 grams is plenty, equivalent to 1.1 pounds.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks