14" rough and standard height toilet options

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Bohlender

Reaction score
I am looking for a very particular toilet, not having much luck. have a 14" rough in, would like standard height and 1 piece, if possible, but also looking for better flusher, so the Kohler Wellworth isn't really what I'm looking for. I'm looking for one piece, mostly due to bolt rust. I have had bolts rust off two of my toilets in the 14 years I've lived in my house and they are kind of a pain to change out without breaking or cracking something. If I can avoid that issue, would like to. I noticed Kohler Cimarron toilets bolts aren't exposed in the water tank, so that could be an option as well, if there is a toilet like that but to my specifications, 14" rough in and standard height.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any 12" rough bowl will fit on a 14" rough-in.
If you only need to close the gap near the wall, there are several brands that make a bigger tank that gets closer to the wall.
Most bowls that have an adjustable rough-in by shifting the bowl, are also taller bowls.
If you have bolts that are rusting consider using brass bolts and nuts. They do make them. There are several brands that come with the temporary tank bolts that rust out. I'm not a fan of those brands.
TOTO does supply brass bolts and nuts for their tanks.

Scott Bohlender

Reaction score
well, that's helpful. I asked my plumber if he'd use brass hardware for me and he said he'd only use manufacturer supplied hardware, as to not void warranty. I thought that kind of silly, but anyway. Sounds like I can use Toto 2 piece and be fine, saves some dollars and opens up some options. I found one that fits my criteria, 14" modifiable and standard height and it's skirted. How can I come up with a footprint dimension, so I make sure my water supply line isn't in conflict with the size of the base? Have a tile floor and don't really want to dig into that too bad.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO that are skirted are 16-1/8" high.
The water supply needs to be at least 6" left of center.

unifit-install-01.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks