Search results

1. Ctgcwiqc

How to remove cap from well

I'm a firm believer in your philosophy. Goal is to install a hand pump. That is the reason for attempting to determine well/static depth. Looking at a few options, either a Bison in-line pump or one installed along side the existing pump in a 4" casing which I was told is not possible but...
  2. Ctgcwiqc

I got the borescope in the 1/2" hole, but was unable to determine if the back plate is split. The bolts and bottom of the inside plate are heavily oxidized. There is no coupling inside the cap, just straight PVC. elctrical wiring is electrical taped to the pvc about 6-10" from the seal...
  3. Ctgcwiqc

Thanks for the info. I was not going to pull with the bucket, just use it in the raised position with a come-a-long if needed pulling straight up but you got me re-thinking life. This well is needed as this is our only source of water. I may just have to wait for the pros to be available...My...
  4. Ctgcwiqc

Yes so I assume a little bit of sarcasm? Problem is where I live it is hard to get any work done, even paid for...Just took 5 weeks to get the water well people out to repair a broken water softener, I had to build a large deck myself as nobody would come out to the country to work where I live...
  5. Ctgcwiqc

Yea I see what you are talking about. I'm sure mine was modified because some crazy guy wanted max flow (pipe is 1.5" coming from seal all the way past bladder tank) so that is why they modified the cap. Could I just try to pry up without loosening any bolts, or just grind off two opposite...
  6. Ctgcwiqc

I have breaker bars and heavy duty sockets but can only get a socket on one bolt and the 1/2' hex slips...Can try to get it on another, just have to move a clamp on some conduit. Two bolts unable to wrench or anything, will have to be cut as shown in the photos. May have to cut off, will wait...
  7. Ctgcwiqc

Yes, failed to think of that. I will see about wrenching them off. If I lose comfort level I will just pay local well company I guess.
  8. Ctgcwiqc

Thanks. The bolts will not turn. I hit them with som WD-40 cause I ave no penetrating oil. About to go try again. There are actually only 2 that can be turned without hitting something, they modified the other two....Why me?
  9. Ctgcwiqc

I'm looking at the cap to my well trying to figure out how to remove the cap. I need to determine pump depth, and static water level. It looks like a bolt has been modified to allow water line to extend from the top of the cap. 1. is there a way to remove the modified bolt at the pvc pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks