Search results

1. Philip S

Unclogging shower valve that is hard to remove

Thank you, Terry and Jim, for the advice. Replacing the PBU fixed the problem!
  2. Philip S

Hi, As mentioned, we would not get hot water at times through the shower. Diagnosed the problem further as follows: 1) Shower head is clear of any debris. That's not the problem. 2) When I remove the PBU and mixing valve and let the cold and hot water run out uninhibited, the flow of the...
  3. Philip S

Also would like to mention that there was no problem getting cold water. When we turn the handle up completely, sometimes we got hot water as normal after a minute or so, but other times it remains cold.
  4. Philip S

With the cartridge out, I got water but it seeped out from the left-side hole (hot, I presume) and only after a while it got stronger, whereas from the right-side hole it was strong throughout.
  5. Philip S

Thank you, Terry. I haven't checked the upper part yet but will do tomorrow.
  6. Philip S

This is the set-up. Afterwards, I removed the four screws, the white plastic element and the inner cartridge with the protruding screw. None of the items I removed had an issue. What was left was the inside of the brass-looking valve with two holes for the hot and cold. That part I couldn't...
  7. Philip S

After flushing my water heater, some debris seems to have gotten loose and spread itself through our plumbing system. As a result, the valve on a shower on a higher level is now clogged. At times there is hot water going through, but most of the time there isn't any. I managed to remove the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks