Search results

1. Cali_John

Easy way to maintain plumbing for a slab foundation

Hi, So my friend has a home on a slab foundation in Southern California that was built in the 1960s. The pipes are cast iron and old, and it's clear if any maintenance or replacement needs to be done, that it will require breaking thru concrete, which is expensive. For example, recently the...
  2. Cali_John

For trenched sewer replacement, should you haul away the pipe?

A poster made a point in a previous thread https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/if-replacing-your-houses-sewer-pipe-what-is-the-best-material.87694/ about negotiating for a plumber to haul away the old pipe to prevent "subsidence". I've found a lot of plumbers a bit reluctant to haul...
  3. Cali_John

If replacing your house's sewer pipe, what is the best material?

Recently I read that Europe is using High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe for plumbing pipe - especially the pipe connecting the house to the line in the street. What about PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) pipe? Which one should I choose and what are the tradeoffs? Recently I learned my house has...
  4. Cali_John

Roots in sewer. How should this main line be fixed?

Hi, So one of my friends recently purchased a single family home. Recently they did a camera inspection on the main line, and the inspecting plumber noted that the pipe had tree roots on several parts of the mainline. The plumber recommended a sewer trenchless replacement. They also mentioned...
  5. Cali_John

What might cause a chirping shower drain?

Hi, In the master bathroom of my friend's house, there is a "chirp" noise that comes from the shower drain. It seems to ratchet up in frequency after a shower is taken. It seems to take about 24-48 hours before the sound subsides. The frequency of the sound slows down the longer the intervals...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks