Search results

1. Mirage_Man

Kitchen sink drain height problem

It was touch and go there for a while. Lol
  2. Mirage_Man

So I was wrong it was a 60* fitting that worked. I got everything glued up last weekend and all seems to be working just fine. I ended up using the ABS to PVC glue and I guess time will tell if there are any issues with it. Here it is all plumbed. I managed to get the proper angles on both...
  3. Mirage_Man

No its not reversible unfortunately and the mentioned reversible one isn't available anywhere I can find locally. I'm thinking I'll make a p trap up with slip/glue fittings and then I can make it whatever height I want. As to the fitting? I tried a 45° on and it is a little too close to the GD...
  4. Mirage_Man

I should have just torn the damn wall open when I had the chance! I'm so frustrated.
  5. Mirage_Man

Is there something wrong with that abs to pvc glue I posted a picture of? And BTW I definitely don't put much faith in Lowes or HD sales associates. They mean well but that's why I'm here asking you. And I very much appreciate your help!
  6. Mirage_Man

Home depot also doesn't carry anything within 100 miles of me. Ugh
  7. Mirage_Man

Lowes doesn't carry abs or that reverse p trap :(
  8. Mirage_Man

Can I just flip this p trap?
  9. Mirage_Man

I have abs glue. I know I can swivel it but the line oming off the p trap to the drain is too low as it sits. Can I put a riser to get it higher?
  10. Mirage_Man

OK so here's where I'm at now. There's plenty of room to run the pipes I just need to know if it's OK to put some kind of riser out of the p trap to get it high enough to be at the proper elevation to run down to the drain line?
  11. Mirage_Man

So it's a 60/40 sink and we want the disposal to be on the 40 side. And no the coupler is not glued on it's just pushed on. Had to keep the fumes out while I was building the cabinet. I'm going to do my best to make it work as it is. Fingers crossed I can.
  12. Mirage_Man

Guys... I just have the outlet rotated to the back to show the height of the drain outlet of the disposal in relation the the drain line. If you look at the first picture you can see the outlet pointing towards the other sink. There is enough clearance to have the drain line after the trap on...
  13. Mirage_Man

That's where it was. It would have been a nightmare to move it. I'm in Florida, block exterior wall. I know I'm going to have to go both directions with it. Was thinking I'd go over to the other side with a T which has the trap on the bottom then back over to the wall. If that makes sense. It...
  14. Mirage_Man

OK guys finally got the countertops installed and with that the sink. I've installed the garbage disposal. Here are a couple pics of where its sits in relation to the drain line. What do you think, will it be alright as it is? If so any recommendations on the best way to plumb it?
  15. Mirage_Man

I wish I knew what you meant. LOL I'm not a plumber. Now ask me about carpentry and electrical and I'm right there with ya.
  16. Mirage_Man

Yes, the 12" I figured includes the basket/mounting bracket for the disposal. This is all just guestimated atm. The counter top is not installed and I don't have the sink yet. I built the new sink base from scratch myself to replace the original cabinet that was trashed. If I have to pull it...
  17. Mirage_Man

Hello all, first post here. I am in the process of remodeling our kitchen. New granite counter tops and a stainless steel under-mount sink are going in as part of the remodel. I'm in Florida. Our house was built in 1973. It's a block home and the wall the kitchen sink is on is on an exterior...