Search results

1. Jeff H Young

Post Approval?

well you can wait forever but Id re post , its a very good site but I dont know who runs it or how much work it is
  2. Jeff H Young

single to double vanity conversion on second floor, venting solution?

Id go with something similar to drawing in post 5 but instead of the double fixture fitting Id stack 2 santees
  3. Jeff H Young

goofy sewer line

Im not clear what is going on. didnt your camera operator tell you anything? looks like a fitting may have snapped at hub then again Im not even sure without going further thats what Im seeing. typicaly we have either a 45 or wye at the connection
  4. Jeff H Young

Massive Water Use Increase

I guess just a little too blatent he was about stealing water and power LOL
  5. Jeff H Young

AO Smith direct vent venting question

the instruction manualin regard to bends number number of degrees etc is your requirements not what someone tells you over the phone you might get clarity from them but if what you are doing isnt in line with the manual then you might get written up . So its your opinion and...
  6. Jeff H Young

ABS vs. PVC for New Construction Rough In

West coast is pretty much the black stuff , if I said 99.9 percent of my drainage in plastic was abs Id be underexagerating. based on that Im very comfortable working abs but have no opinion that either superior and wouldnt be suprised to hear other wise that many might belive pvc...
  7. Jeff H Young

Can this Drain Be Moved Into the Wall?

sure you can get a 2 inch drain in there plus water pipe trusting on the info told to you. it be interesting to see how you do that work guess its pretty basic . id wrap the pipes in foam just to lessen the chance of cracking the masa from expansion contraction just like we...
  8. Jeff H Young

P trap dry out

Im going out on a limb Im guessing weeks JeffNC I totally agree a shower drain aint going dry in 2 days barring 80 mph dry wind or other oddball stuff , bad venting plugged drains arent drying out those are differant issues
  9. Jeff H Young

Exterior standpipe vent

Range , is the 2 inch proposed a buried line going to the w/m along side the house? issue is our code many think its a bit over bearing I do Im no fan of AAV but these are the type instances they shine. An AAV will never in my opinion be as good as a real vent through...
  10. Jeff H Young

Residential DWV Layout Questions

sure nothing wrong with that the codes only have a problem with fixtures not associated with a bathroom so sinks and washing machines are 2 of the most common in a home , a w/m does dump a lot of water same with laundry sink and kitchen sinks a bar sink wouldnt hurt a thing...
  11. Jeff H Young

Can I replace this valve with a street 90?

Roldgold Im pretty sure you can leave the sweated end on the copper and screw any sort of flare adapter or valve you want on there the only issue I see is how a 90 will point after tightening but it is what it is. Its really hard to antisipate every posible senario. personaly id go...
  12. Jeff H Young

Rusty water related to brass pex fittings??

tankless can require a bigger gas line as it typically requires arond 4 or 5 times as much gas instead of arond 40k btu you might need 200k btu supply. So it can be done by DIY might take awhile . it wouldnt be unusual to require a bigger gas line dont let that scare...
  13. Jeff H Young

Exterior standpipe vent

I would expect a fail if its inspected I dont nessesarily agree with it but no vent is generally an issue here including AAVs On new pools its common that a backyard cleanout gets a 3 inch trap and stanpipe for pool drains no vents not even AAVs Ive seen so its kind of a crap...
  14. Jeff H Young

Toilet flange on tile over concrete

Personally I woulda made a wet mix and stuffed bent screws down the holes in ring to bite in the mortar.
  15. Jeff H Young

Can I replace this valve with a street 90?

ours never are flare on the meter copper ends on a valve upstream of meter and poly isnt uncommon . I enjoyed videos from" Harris water main and sewer contractors " on you tube a NYC company lets us get a look at how they roll in NYC !
  16. Jeff H Young

single to double vanity conversion on second floor, venting solution?

another way is too offset the lower sink vent down kinda low like 10 inches above floor so that the new lav drain can cross and tie into the existing with a santee around a foot off floor all the pipes will be in the wall a few 90s on the venting but no big deal actually easier...
  17. Jeff H Young

Massive Water Use Increase

good advice pretty much like the other advice from 6 monthes ago but condensed . I doubt he is still wasting 50k gallons a month probebly fixed it but never bothered to come back and fill us in.
  18. Jeff H Young

Pipe Length for Schluter Drain Assembly

Id use what I had rex wheeler , pasco , chinese, Hecho en mexico , tiny tim and a screwdriver weve been there done that LOL
  19. Jeff H Young

Recirculating Pump Issues Please Help!

Holy Crap! is that a book your writing its too much for me to concider reading but hopefully others can follow this and help
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks