Search results

1. MidtoupperMichigan

Artisian well not in use since previous cottage torn down

I have a lot we purchased that had a previous cottage that use to be on it before we bought the lot. The old cottage was torn down before we owned the lot. The well is still there. It is an artisian well as all the cottages have in the area. The artisian well has not been used for maybe 5...
  2. MidtoupperMichigan

For new northern MI cottage near Petoskey should I get 80% efficient furnace

I have a 662 sq ft 2 bed 1 bath cottage we moved to a new 5 block tall foundation and I am going to replace the existing propane unit standing in center of cottage with a natural gas forced air furnace. I plan to locate the new furnace in the crawlspace. I was told that an 80% furnace since...
  3. MidtoupperMichigan

Whats a low water usage toilet with good flush power for basement

We have a 1950's ranch house that has old toilet in it. It works but I would like to see about getting a lower water usage toilet that has good flush power as I wonder if being lower in the basement level makes it flush not as easily it appears?
  4. MidtoupperMichigan

Do they make a short hybrid water heater to fit 5 block tall crawlspace or just get 38 gallon elec?

Have a cottage we moved to a new 5 block tall foundation just put in and crawlspace is 5 blocks tall. I like the efficiency of the hybrid water heaters but they look to be taller than any other water heaters out there. This will be in northern Michigan so its not going to be too warm in...