Search results

1. Old_Smokey

Moentrol, School me on this old 12178 shower valve

Thanks. Decided to replace it. I have plaster walls and no way do I want to cut into it again to replace this down the road. Picked up a new Moen valve and trim kit package for just a bit more than replacing the current internals.
  2. Old_Smokey

Check valves are $30 and the balancing mechanism is about $80 here. So yeah, not cheap. A complete new Moentrol valve is about $180. To remove the valve from the piping and reposition it, I'll have to remove both stops, the pressure valve and the cartridge for soldering, right? Or else I could...
  3. Old_Smokey

Hi guys, I'm part-way through my first bathroom renovation - ripped everything out to the studs and starting over. This forum has been a super resource for all kinds of questions. Just yesterday I got my Maax Bosca tub installed and set in a bed of mortar. Everything went great. Since I've got...
  4. Old_Smokey

Confused about mortar under tubs...

Wow funny you did this as I also live in Winnipeg and also just installed a Maax tub last night. Mine has an integrated particle board platform under it, with two 4x4" 'feet' in the back, and the tub flange in the front. I mixed up mortar and made a bed between two sheets of poly, but mixed it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks