Search results

1. Tom P

Floor joists in the way of new toilet and shower

What is the size and spacing of your joists? Having the shower drain a few inches off shouldn't look too horrible but if it was me I'd be thinking about whenever I saw it. Are you able to change the layout? Changing the framing at this point to fit your plumbing is more than a little backwards.
  2. Tom P

Gas range in kitchen without venting???

CO levels in a kitchen using a gas stove can still be slightly elevated even if the unit is functioning properly as then flame contacts the cool metal of a pot or pan the tips of it are no longer burning as efficiently. Ductless hood using carbon filters can't remove CO from the air so you would...
  3. Tom P

Bathroom remodel questions, using wall hung toilet

Should have clarified, the discharge elbow is in the wall, so when I said straight down it's down through the bottom plate in the cavity that is framed for the carrier. In the picture below( and in all the examples I find) they have the drain going down and into a horizontal branch, but in my...
  4. Tom P

Bathroom remodel questions, using wall hung toilet

I am currently remodeling my 2nd floor bathroom and have gutted it down to the studs an joists. I am planning to have all the fixtures in different places so I'm currently getting a plan together for the plumbing. I have a 4" cast iron pipe(old 1920's house) that runs from the basement floor up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks