Search results

1. Ambassador

Gas poly as conduit— connecting to sweep

I found those 3/4 compression fittings fit perfectly over the 3/4. Super cheap conduit for LONG runs and watertight. I just tossed it in the ground in case I ever need to pull something later.
  2. Ambassador

Help understanding volume and PSI

Silly me. Of course. So I decided to run one 3/4 since I'll only need 40,000 BTU and I put another in the trench as a backup. I figure I'll just dig if we ever do a pool. Thanks!
  3. Ambassador

PEX through a concrete wall

Thanks, guys. I went with the 250psi CTS plastic 3/4 pipe and ran it through the wall to a pack fitting.
  4. Ambassador

Help understanding volume and PSI

Hey guys, I'm running gas to a pottery shed 125' from the gas in the lower level laundry room ( total of 190' from the meter) with low pressure. The meter MAOP is 5-psi, but I'm thinking I'm only at 6-9" WC. I won 1000' of new 3/4 poly gas pipe for super cheap at an auction, and I'll be running...
  5. Ambassador

Gas poly as conduit— connecting to sweep

Hey guys, I got 1000' of gas tubing for super cheap. It's much more than I need, so I intend to use the rest for burial conduit and cat-6 conduit in addition to the gas. If it were you, how would you go about connecting this yellow poly gas tubing to the sweep from the LB?
  6. Ambassador

If you had to connect to copper just outside the wall underground, would you use brass, bronze or special order a copper to pex adapter made of copper?
  7. Ambassador

Hey, guys. I'm running water out to a pottery she-shed and my contractor buddy said I should run through the block wall with copper and then connect the PEX. I keep wondering, though, if it might be better to run the PEX straight through, using a sleeve of course, to avoid the underground...
  8. Ambassador

Need help reviving an old well

Copy that. Cool valve. Thank you, guys!
  9. Ambassador

Pitless adapter in 3-inch casing

I just wasn't sure if there were any DNR issues with below-grade couplings. I planned to cut the galvanized 3" casing 5-feet down below the frost line, install a 3-4" rubber coupling to 4" pvc— which I'd drill for the pitless— hopefully providing enough space to fit a 1 1/4 pitless drop along...
  10. Ambassador

...even the clamping pitless adapters seem to only work with a 4 in casing or larger.
  11. Ambassador

Hey guys, is there a pitless adapter that fits a 3 inch casing? The inch and a quarter adapter that I saw at Menards looked quite large and I doubt it will fit. I'd love to be able to keep the inch and a quarter drop pipe and horizontal run to the shallow well jet pump in the house, but I'm...
  12. Ambassador

Thanks again, guys. So I installed the CSV, moved the switch so it's after the CSV, added a relief valve and replaced the check valve while I was at it. My Voyager II heads now cover 100-foot diameter each at 60 psi. When the water cuts off, the pump stops at 62 psi. I also added a separate drop...
  13. Ambassador

Thank you, Reach. So if I install a CSV between this pump and the tank, would I need to move the pressure switch to between the CSV and the tank, or can it stay on the pump? Also, this air fitting at the base of the pump... what is its purpose?
  14. Ambassador

Thanks, that's correct, the above-ground PVC is just temporary while I test. I'm also waiting to use the mini excavator to dig this. So when I connect the PVC horizontal run that goes to the house to the pitless adapter, should I put some kind of flexible pipe between the PVC and the pitless...
  15. Ambassador

Another thought I had, to be winter-proof... Would it be possible to tee off of the horizontal run between the pitless adapter and the pump and install a yard hydrant? Just figured I'd ask because a yard hydrant would get me below the frost line.
  16. Ambassador

So I temped this in today to give it fresh pipe. The larger 1 1/4" will eventually go down five feet and connect via pitless adapter. The one-inch will rise straight up and lead to a hand pump. I was able to take the top cap out of the pressure tank, the pump primed, and now it's cycles about...
  17. Ambassador

Okay, awesome. Thanks for the info! Although, it looks like it's still not holding its prime overnight :( There must be a leak in the casing or in the horizontal run to the house. I wonder if I can insert an inflatable test plug just below where the horizontal run meets the casing. This...
  18. Ambassador

Fill it with air? Not water? I was asking if I should fill it with more water before I prime. I've been letting the air out of the pipe between the tank in the pump in order to get it to prime. Here's an image of the fitting halfway up the tank. I appreciate your help!
  19. Ambassador

Very cool. I appreciate this info! Thanks for helping me. Hopefully it'll hold its prime this time around. I'll look into getting one of these. In the meantime, would having more water in this old tank to begin with reduce the time between pump cycles? I think it kicks on about every 12 seconds...
  20. Ambassador

So I finally got it to prime! I guess I just needed to let a little bit more air out of the line by the pump. The switch oscillates between 30 and 60 PSI and I have it hooked up to two sprinklers. This morning, after three days, the pump showed pressure, but I went to turn on the sprinklers and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks