Search results

1. Terry McCloud

What's coming out of my well?

Booster to pressurize water into the RO membrane which then flows into holding tanks. I have a submersible in one of the two tanks to send water into the home.
  2. Terry McCloud

Water runs from well, thru prefilter, then through the booster pump you see into the silver cylinder which is the RO membrane. Then out to holding tanks. The pressure switch in the cabinet is a reverse type and only allows the bottom cabinet pump to kick on if it has enough pressure, say 5psi...
  3. Terry McCloud

Some pictures. That is the prefilter a day after it was removed from housing and it was originally black but once it dries a bit it is that clayish brown color and still sludgy. The other pic is the system water from well straight to prefilter 5mic then to booster pump and to membrane. I'll...
  4. Terry McCloud

I had another well driller who just drilled down the road from me earlier this year. He stated his casing and well depth were similiar however he among others have stated the last company is known to short case what they stated they installed and also use cheaper casing material. I will work on...
  5. Terry McCloud

Hello all, to provide a little background I have had a ton of issues with my new house and the well that came with it, first attempt pulled so much sand it needed to be repaired but company was out of business so someone else did it. That was a yr ago and still issues. 65' steel casing 160' deep...
  6. Terry McCloud

Whole House Reverse Osmosis Troubleshooting

Yes the solenoid opens and feeds anywhere from 40-65 psi to pump which pressurizes it further to what psi I am unsure. I am adding a gauge today post pump to see that. Since there is no backflow preventer could the pump when the solenoid kicks shut be getting the 100+ psi (guessing) backpressure...
  7. Terry McCloud

Ok so maybe my first post was to lengthy. How can I tell if my Hallmark single stage motor non submersible pump is failing? The pressure switch is in the on position, the pump is getting water when it needs to, but the pump makes a cavitation type noise every so often and then trips the breaker...
  8. Terry McCloud

LG Dishwasher Melted Wiring

Thanks all, I have called the electrical company and they should have someone out tomorrow. Glad I noticed it before it became a bigger issue!
  9. Terry McCloud

Home was built last year, moved in April 2018. I'm not sure if the plumber installed and then electricians did the final hookup or if plumber wired it too. A friend of mine was the GC on paper so I am not going to "go after him," since he made no money off me. However I could contact the...
  10. Terry McCloud

I posted another post about our whole house RO and thought... these guys may be able to help with the burning rubber smell coming from the dishwasher. LG LDF5545ST dishwasher is a little over 1 year old and has developed a burning rubber / plastic type smell when it is running. The smell does...
  11. Terry McCloud

Hello all, I have had a lot of luck getting solid advice from you folks and I have yet another question. My whole home RO basically consists of: Submersible well pump - spin down filter - Pressure tank - 5mic 20" filter - Rainbird Solenoid (wired to both the following pressure switch which is...
  12. Terry McCloud

New(ish) well water issues

Thank you very much, all have been a big help. So final answer is I need some type of backwash filter system and since hardness is up there may as well be a softener. Now my question is, I can get the GE "branded" one at HD for ~$500 and install myself. Or have a company local put a fleck...
  13. Terry McCloud

More info. Well is 140' deep and 58' casing, with saltwater intrusion. 25g hardness with .6 iron and 7.9 pH
  14. Terry McCloud

The first well was dug over a yr ago and the "new" well was dug over 10 months ago. I have let that thing run for hours on end multiple times. Wish that was it!
  15. Terry McCloud

I'm no pro, pretty handy guy though, so if I went with a backwashing filter I just buy the head (clack?) And a resin tank sort of like water softener and fill with the suggested media to a certain point or with certain amount? A friend recommended a water softener saying since it backwashes it...
  16. Terry McCloud

The well has a submersible pump and yes it has steel casing with a pvc pipe installed down the center of it to bring the water up. I purchased a finer mesh spin down filter 140 mesh (50ish micron) to see if that catches stuff. Unsure to depth believe around 70ft of casing I'll have to call...
  17. Terry McCloud

The spin down filter isn't getting to much just a little sand. But it's only a 60 mesh so not very tight knit so think the other stuff just passes right through.
  18. Terry McCloud

So about a year ago I built a new home in Southwest Florida, well water. The original well driller drilled significantly lower then he stated and once we moved in our sediment filter (2.5 x 20" x 20micron) that was installed prior to the whole house RO system would get a grayish almost concrete...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks