Search results

1. Markh

replacing shower base

Here's a dumb question. When I replace the waste pipe section is there any trick to ensuring that there isn't standing water in the pipe? And any way of clearing it before I start? Or do I just make sure and have plenty of buckets/towels on hand?
  2. Markh

replacing shower base

The vertical waste stack which is not visible in the picture but is just about 2 feet from the join to the pipe going to the tub/shower vents directly up out the roof. Is that sufficient? Do I need some additional vent? There wasn't one when the tub was in place so I'm hoping this is still...
  3. Markh

replacing shower base

Okay. I guess I will do this right rather than half-***ed. I removed the section of floorboards running along the pipe. There is a waste line coming off of the vertical waste stack running to the toilet. There is a T-joint in this which connects to the section of pipe that runs to the...
  4. Markh

Price Pfister faucets

I recently installed a new Price Pfister bathroom sink faucet. I was going to install the coordinating shower fixture but a plumber informed me that Price Pfister was poor quality. Can anyone confirm this? Was it just some bias on the part of this plumber? What brand would you recommend?
  5. Markh

replacing shower base

I am in the process of replacing an old tub with a retrofit shower base. I removed the old tub and called in a couple of plumbers for estimates on installing the new Swanstone shower base with a Oatey No Calk drain. When the plumbers came out I was informed that I needed to replace the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks