Search results

1. myrightnut

Bathroom remodel help needed please

If I could add my two cents... Concrete board is great for behind the tiles... concrete will not harbour moisture like the drywall will and mold will not grow. If you are interested in a "Water proof" system I would suggest looking at a Kirdy system... this is the cats ass when it comes to...
  2. myrightnut

Setting shower base and tub base

Hi All, I need some advise regarding the above.... I purchased a Shower kit which included the glass for doors and the base. The unit goes in a corner of the bathroom and you tile the corner walls. Here's my problem.... I spent a long time leveling the concrete floor under the shower...
  3. myrightnut

Am I Getting Hosed???

WOW WOW WOW! Ok! Again just to set the record straight... EVERY THING WAS ABOVE BOARD! The Plumber was fine with me doing the "Grunt work" and said that he was busy and didn't have time to break up the concrete, repair the walls etc etc... We walked through everything very carefully and...
  4. myrightnut

Am I Getting Hosed???

Hi all, Wow, thanks for the response... First off, just to clarify a few things, I wasn't price shopping. This plumber came highly recommended from a few people and I had seen his work which looked great. So I was ready to use him. I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"...
  5. myrightnut

Am I Getting Hosed???

Hello all, I just thought I would put this out there to see if the quote is out of line. I spoke to a plumber, about installing the drains, tub and shower base and roughing in the hot and cold supply lines. As we spoke I informed him that I would break-up the concrete floor, dig all...
  6. myrightnut

Need comments on my proposed install

Another try! okay, I would like to try this again... but I'm having problems with the venting... to avoid using a wet vent, how do I vent the shower and lav? I will run a separate vent up through the attic for the toilet and tub but I can't run a separate vent for the lav and shower on that...
  7. myrightnut

Sorry For The Size Of The Pick!!! First Timmer !
  8. myrightnut

Hi guys, First off thanks so much for your comments in my last thread. This time I am again asking for your comments. I am submitting for my permits and getting ready to open up the concrete floor in my basement. Below is a sketch of how I think the sewer drains should go... but I would...
  9. myrightnut

Newbie, first bathroom install would like some advice

Hi all, I have been a visitor to the site for quite some time and have found some really amazing information... thanks! I am in the midst of putting in a second bathroom in the basement of our 36 year old bungalo. It is going to be a 4 piece bath (bath, toilet, shower and Lav). The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks