Search results

1. traut27

Pipes hammer/squealing while water is running

I increased it to 55 and it no longer makes the noise while using my fridge dispenser or my kitchen sink but it still occurs sometimes while using my washing machine or my shower faucet.
  2. traut27

Pipes hammer/squealing while water is running

Water pressure in my home was at 120 psi. I replaced the existing PRV with a new one and my water pressure is currently 45 psi. Now when I run water I get a loud hammering/squealing noise from the pipes while the water is running but it doesn't happen all the time. The most consistent way to see...
  3. traut27

Washer 1.5" standpipe

Awesome thanks for your help. Much Appreciated. Last question is if the height of the vent pipe that connects to the standpipe matters?
  4. traut27

Washer 1.5" standpipe

Thanks for you input. All I'm looking for is might. I'm okay with plumbing it, testing it to the max and seeing if it works. Adding a new countertop and sink to the laundry room so I'd prefer not to drill holes in either in order to allow for draining into the sink. Also tired of cleaning the...
  5. traut27

Washer 1.5" standpipe

If I were to try it would I use a single AAV or would I need one for the stand pipe and one for the sink? Option #1 Option #2
  6. traut27

Washer 1.5" standpipe

My laundry room currently has a washer draining into utility sink. I am updating the laundry room and would prefer to have laundry drain to a stand pipe and not the sink. The sink connects to a 1.5" though and not 2" drain pipe. It has a 90 elbow and goes straight down into the concrete slab...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks