Search results

1. powerlifter405

Acrylic tub base cupped outward inside has give, what to do?

Thanks The epoxy was my exact thought as the only thing that may work. It would act as filler and while simlutaniously "gluing" or bonding the acrylic to the osb. I know I have "X" mm's of osb cupping before I hit the air pocket. The flex is only about 3-5mm's so if I go this route I'll have...
  2. powerlifter405

No prob, it's really a challenge to describe this cluster I'm dealing w/. :confused: Thanks!
  3. powerlifter405

My sub floor is fine. It is the OSB that is made/adhered to the acrylic and bonded w/ fiberglass, that is warped. After 3 mortar bed tries, I realize my bed making is fine, it is the tub it's self. You can see in the pic that the the OSB part of the tub is warped. Mansfield used cr@p...
  4. powerlifter405

I did that this last time. I made a grid from 1x1's. The mortar is shaped to the underside of the tub BUT there is an air gap between the acrylic and the osb so everytime you walk in the tub it has give, it is the acrylic that is flexing, not the osb. The osb is fully supported.
  5. powerlifter405

Howdy everyone First time caller, 8 month lurker. I'm installing a Mansfield alcove tub, acrylic whirlpool tub encased in fiberglass. I have laid 3 mortar beds and I get a "spot" in the middle of the tub that has give. Each time I lay enough to compact, I set the tub in place and allow it to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks