Search results

1. theunit

.5" PEX ability to supply multiple shower heads

Thanks, Jim. I didn't see another, larger configuration but understand the point you make and that seems to make sense - that the table I found may be for the large valve, or just a maximum that was achieved in test conditions only. In any case, with the two combined 1/2 supplies for hot water...
  2. theunit

Thanks again, Jim. All very helpful info. If I'm interpreting their specs correctly (like in the image above), other parts of their manual seem to illustrate up to 13.4gpm at 87 psi for various configurations of shower heads, body sprays, etc. The specific configuration I'm pursuing is shown in...
  3. theunit

Thanks, Reach. Do you mean installing a tempering valve on the supply that goes to the bathroom sink/toilet; but leaving the shower supply alone? I'm not sure I understand.
  4. theunit

Thanks, Jim - appreciate your input as always. Since I posted yesterday, I realized I have a separate 1/2" supply (H & C) nearby. Since they are not going to be used for anything else, I plan on piping them over to this area and running a dedicated cold supply to the valve (i.e. not teeing off...
  5. theunit

Hi all - Thanks for your insights previously and taking a look at this post. I have read several other, similar posts that deal with this issue, but thought it would be beneficial to share my particular situation with a photo. Appreciate any thoughts you have or your experience if you have a...
  6. theunit

Toilet move and vent re-route

Thanks, jadnashua - appreciate your take. I may be able to drop the line below the joists - there is quite a bit of space there, currently mostly available other than some duct work that could likely be shifted to accommodate. There is a load bearing wall underneath the blue line in the picture...
  7. theunit

Thanks, Terry. That is helpful. Is there a possibility of reinforcing the joists that are cut to ensure strength? Or is any reinforcement a violation of code? Since I'll be putting backer board and time on top, I want to be sure there won't be any sagging/cracking.
  8. theunit

Thanks for the reply and information on reducing size. I'll verify local code regarding distance. The other lives in planning are to build a shower in what is the upper left corner of the first photo. I'll of course need to reroute the water lines accordingly.
  9. theunit

First time posting here - let me know if this should be in a different place. I'm a handy person, but my plumbing experience is limited to rerouting and soldering a few copper pipes. Thanks in advance for any and all insights. I'm in the midst of a master bath remodel and want to move the...
  10. theunit

Figuring it out

Figuring it out
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks