Search results

1. Glenn Wiltse

Yet another water softener advice topic/question(s).

I don't recall... I set it up initially, and other then adding salt, I never touched it again other then adding salt as needed. A few years ago, I had flood, one of my pipes burst , the water ran literally all day long. Not sure how many times the softener tried to regenerate that day, the...
  2. Glenn Wiltse

I tried to find a test kit locally that could do Iron test... miserable failure. Pro-Lab Iron test strip never changed color at all... either I have virtually no Iron in my water ( kinda unlikely ), or the test strip was/is worthless. Looking at the costs of other methods of testing for...
  3. Glenn Wiltse

I did a hardness test... 36 grains , still trying to find a decent way to check for Iron... Ideally , something I could do myself for an moderate price. Part of me, doesn't want to give up the dual tank setup... Seems to me, that the additional cost of a second tank, and additional resin ...
  4. Glenn Wiltse

Hey, I bought and installed a Fleck dual tank setup about 18 years ago, it served me well until about 6 months ago. One of the valves got jammed , the gears started slipping, etc... I tore it all apart, had thoughts of rebuilding it , to try save some money, etc... but I still don't know...