Search results

1. ekd4176

Indirect water heater replacement

The pump is stamped with .70 Amp. Not sure if I am reading this correctly but the diagrams in the link specially say to use a separate transformer if trying to supply low voltage as a second load. Thanks
  2. ekd4176

Boiler is controlled with a Honeywell L8124A. The circulator is a Taco 007 which I believe is rated for 115v. Boiler runs 3 zones of heat as well as the domestic hot water. It appears that it is setup to treat the domestic water as its own zone. I wasn't necessarily looking to eliminate...
  3. ekd4176

I have reviewed that several times and my take away from it is that I would no longer need the Honeywell YHR845A and just run the 24v line from the transformer and then hook the circulator up to the TPI? Forgive my ignorance but does the Honeywell YHR845A do what the TPI will now do by itself...
  4. ekd4176

I have located a 24v transformer in the mechanical room. Tested with a meter. Would the Burnham TPI simply need a wire ran from the transformer to the unit to keep it powered? Thanks
  5. ekd4176

I currently have a Burnham AL53A indirect water heater that is leaking and I would like to replace it. I am considering a Burnham AL50SL but as I look at the wiring, the TPI calls for 24v power but I don't know where to get that from. The current setup has a single thermostat wire from the...
  6. ekd4176

Boiler fires but no hot water the taps

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the response. The supply to the indirect was hot but the return was not. I had no hot water at any taps in the house. After cranking up the heating loops I got hot water to the taps and everything went back to normal. (That is the only thing I did that seem...
  7. ekd4176

Boiler fires but no hot water the taps

My domestic hot water stopped mid shower today. The boiler is firing and the pipe leading to the indirect water heater is hot on both sides of the Taco circulator pump. The boiler seems to be running a little hot and the baseboard hot water system is working and puts off heat. Any thoughts?
  8. ekd4176

Indirect water heater leak

So I took it apart and found that the hand hole cover has rusted away on one side creating the leak. Anyone know of where to get a new one. I have been searching all day and cant seem to find one. Thanks
  9. ekd4176

Indirect water heater leak

I have a Burnham Alliance AL53A indirect water heater that I noticed was leaking water from the bottom. I think I have narrowed down the link to the top of the tank from a seal in the below picture. This seems to be a little tricky to seal. Looking for some tips on how to seat this so it will...