Search results

1. Mittenstate

Orphaned gas water heater situation? And what to do about it

Thanks all, I've now had two plumbers out who looked at the setup and said it is not an issue. They seemed convinced that the Code only speaks to situations where you have a masonry chimney. Regardless of whether that's technically true, it seems like no one thinks I need to have a liner...
  2. Mittenstate

Orphaned gas water heater situation? And what to do about it

My house in Michigan was built in 1995. Last year I upgraded the 80% efficiency gas furnace to a 97% efficiency furnace that vents directly outside. Consequently I now have a chimney that vents to the roof that is only used by the ~2013 gas water heater. I'm now doing research before upgrading...
  3. Mittenstate

Reseating drain flange is leaking

I am trying to reseat a drain flange in a fiberglass tub with PVC pipes. I replaced two gaskets with a standard gasket purchased from Home Depot, slipping it between the tub and the drain shoe. I used plumbers putty around the underside of the drain flange. I cleaned the threads on the flange...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks