Search results

1. errodr

Expansion Tank?

My pressure was measured at 140 PSI, I thought I needed the PRV valve. Thanks...
  2. errodr

Expansion Tank?

I meant T&P. The T&P is still leaking.
  3. errodr

Expansion Tank?

Hello, Do I need an expansion tank? Here is the series of events that leads me to ask this question: 1. Back yard sodded 2. New irrigation meter installed by city 3. City adds irrigation meter and replaces old house meter, both include backflow device 4. T&P valve starts to leak 5. T&P valve...
  4. errodr

PRV Problems

I just wish it was not so expensive. And to think this all started because I had my yard sodded and got an irrigation meter installed. Thanks...
  5. errodr

PRV Problems

So you would go ahead and have the new water supply brought in? Are you saying have the 1" line from the street changed to copper? Thanks...
  6. errodr

PRV Problems

The pressure at the tap in my house is 140psi, obviously that is WAY too high. I had a plumber come out, to install a PR valve at the main coming in from the street. Unfortunately the water service coming in from the street is galvanized. He said there is no way to couple galvanized to a...
  7. errodr

Hot Water Heater Leakage

Well, I went ahead and replaced the TP valve and there is still leakage. Does this mean that I have a bad water heater? Thanks...
  8. errodr

Hot Water Heater Leakage

I looked to see if this was something I could do myself, but while the TP valve is threaded into the water heater, it is soldered onto the discharge pipe, so I would have to cut it. I have no tools for copper plumbing so I guess I will have to call in the pros. Thanks...
  9. errodr

Hot Water Heater Leakage

Thanks, guess it's time to call the plumber.
  10. errodr

Hot Water Heater Leakage

At the risk of sounding stupid, what is the TP valve?
  11. errodr

Hot Water Heater Leakage

My electric hot-water heater pressure overflow is dripping. Is this normal? If not what causes it? How do I go about fixing it? Thanks...
  12. errodr

Relocate Water Heater

Thanks for all the advice!
  13. errodr

Relocate Water Heater

Thanks for the answers. The power panel is in the garage. The nearest hot water line to where I want to move it is the one that it is currently hooked up to. There is not one closer. Being on a slab, I think the attic is my only option for running the pipe. I guess it would be relatively...
  14. errodr

Relocate Water Heater

Hello, I am new here, and I wanted to ask a question because it seems like a great place to get advice. I am doing some renovation in my home. I want to move my water from the kitchen in the garage, it is about 25 feet distance. My water heater is electric and the home foundation is a...