Search results

1. p100162

Tree roots in cast iron drain line

Thanks! A pain, indeed! Definitely, NOT a straight run but I got the county, to send me some sewer maps, that I tie into but I'll have to follow up with them, to help me decipher. FWIW: The original video, should be helpful figuring out, where the roots are but obviously NOT current...
  2. p100162

Thanks! Yeah, all I go by is what he told me, that he thought the root cutter would ruin the cast iron pipe. But with the straight boring head, he said, the roots would get tangled up in it and him pulling them out, would break them free. The main reason, he said, he wants to video is so he...
  3. p100162

Thanks! Will do... So, what would be your next move?
  4. p100162

Yup, $475 is just for the video... He said, he's unable to give estimate, on digging and repair, until sees video.
  5. p100162

Hello all, 6 years ago, I had a video inspection showing small tree roots, beginning to enter drain line, about 45' down the line, toward city connection. I thought, I had cleared with rented snake using an attachment similar to the Side Cutter, in pic. No issues, for a while but now I have...
  6. p100162

Replaced cartridge; worked briefly, now new leak.

Ah, thanks! What else can cause the handle to not be allowed to slip all the way in?
  7. p100162

Cool, thanks! What do you think; is the new 1225 defective?
  8. p100162

Yes, retaining clip was dropped into the slot. But I don't recall, if I used the small white tool that came with it, to push new cartridge in, all the way. I believe, I remember using it more, to line up the slots for retaining clip & correcting hot/cold.
  9. p100162

Thanks! Just replaced the cartridge with a new 1225, so I wasn't planning on pulling it.
  10. p100162

Hello all, Old style 3700 series Moenique tub/shower unit, in stall shower was leaking from base of handle. Per Moen, I replaced the cartridge with a Moen 1225 cartridge, which stopped the leak. Had no leaks, for couple of weeks but now a new leak has begun, from shower head...Simple as...
  11. p100162

Old Moen Moenique shower/faucet combo nobody recognizes.

FWIW: Follow up from Moen: "The 14292 Moenique Service Kit should not be used for a shower only installations. The kit can only be used with a shower/tub combination--there is not a cover to cap the tub spout area of the base plate. If your rough-in valve is “Standard”, then regular Moentrol...
  12. p100162

Old Moen Moenique shower/faucet combo nobody recognizes.

Hello all, Hope you don't mind me re-resurrecting this old thread, again But, so far it's been helpful knowing that the main trim and spout do NOT have to be removed...Thanks @hj! FWIW, I have 2 old Moenique's like OP but mine are in stall showers, about chest high, not in tub/shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks