Search results

1. Jason Ryan

Possible to use fleck 5600 sxt-backwash for an iron filter

Ok, maybe I can resell as a backwash valve only. Since the 5600sxt is too small for an AIO system, is there a recommended head that I can look for to try and build a system? I see lots of full systems for sale, but seems like many have a fleck so want to make sure to get something adequate...
  2. Jason Ryan

Thanks Reach4. It is looking more and more like I am stuck with this bashwash only 5600sxt. Is there anyway that I can convert it from backwash only to a full softening head so I can at least resell it?
  3. Jason Ryan

Hi all, Recently in a rush, I bought a fleck 5600 sxt backwash model when I was looking for a softener head. I have since got a softener head, but I have a decision to make about the backwash model that I was hoping to get some advice. I can return it with a 20% restocking fee. Or I was...
  4. Jason Ryan

Help with Autotrol 255 valve issue

Thanks, I will give that a shot!
  5. Jason Ryan

Help with Autotrol 255 valve issue

Hi all, My mother-in-law's water softener is acting up. It has an older Autotrol 255 valve. Occasionally it appears that the dial that shows the cycle (start, back wash, rinse, et) it is getting stuck between "treated water" and "start". So it seems like a valve is like half way open and the...
  6. Jason Ryan

Help with reducing hot water wait time

Phog, thank you, you've been a wealth of information. My unit is a Jacuzzi, J-SN180F2, but the side says Rinnai. I got it from Lowe's. The min for rate says 0.26gpm. I had planned to go ahead and install the pump and sensor to see how it would work (see info on my setup below), but...
  7. Jason Ryan

I'd checked out their product as well as the Watts system, but neither stated they work with a tankless system so I didn't go that direction. There is surprisingly very little info on the web about tankless recirculation so I was thinking I'd diy it. I really didn't want a timer on the pump...
  8. Jason Ryan

Oh, I didn't know that. Is there a way for me to check? I'll take a look at the pump specs. Thanks!
  9. Jason Ryan

I bought one of the recirculating sensors and a pump online. I've also got a programmable plug ready to go. The problem I'm worried about is dead heading the pump. It appears the recirculating sensor that mounts under the sink seems to have a thermostat in it and it will close as the water...
  10. Jason Ryan

Hi all, My kitchen faucet takes 2 mins (3 gallons) to warm up. I have a whole house tankless water heater (7.5gpm), and I'm on a slab with a 2 story home so can't easily run wire for an on-demand nor a water return line for re-circulation system. Also with my garbage disposal and an RO...
  11. Jason Ryan

Lowest salt dosage vs cost savings

Great article, thank you! Looks like an 80k system with the 13" tank would push me to a 7000sxt type valve. Are there good sites to pickup components for a DIY build? If I were to look to buy the components locally, would any plumbing stores be the place to start (assuming I can get past the...
  12. Jason Ryan

Great explanation of the regen process. That explains a lot. I was never planning to use a system at max capacity (although we use up our existing 32k system regularly now). For the 48 or 64k system, I was thinking of a 6lb dose, but noticed the numbers were better for 4lbs. Thanks again for...
  13. Jason Ryan

Hi all, I've been crunching numbers trying to decide on a 48k or 64k system. My household is pulling ~10k gallons a month and our hardness is 23 according to our water company with very low iron and magnesium. I can pick up a great deal on a 48k system right now so that is definitely part of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks