Search results

1. pcarpe01

AC Ducts

Hi everyone, I have a question about running AC ducts from a trunk in the attic to the first floor. The total run for each duct is approximately 30'. One duct is for a laundry room and the other is for an adjacent bathroom,which is a bit longer. This was done before we bought the house, however...
  2. pcarpe01

Box for NM-B 8/3

What box does everyone use to accommodate NM-B 8/3? Any issue with using a plastic box with a NM-b cable clamp (the metal ones)? Do you guys not worry about a clamp and just secure the cable close to the box? I was thinking about using a metal box, but then how does ground get pigtailed? Thanks...
  3. pcarpe01

Conduit Questions

Hi everyone - I decided to go a different direction with my shed electrical and use conduit from the sub panel inside my nearby garage. The garage is connected to my house and the panel is on the house side. I would need to run conduit up the wall, over the ceiling and down the opposite wall...
  4. pcarpe01

Electrical to Shed Help

I plan on running 10/2 UVF cable from a sub-panel for a 20A dedicated circuit to power my shed. It is 10/2 due to the distance from the sub-panel to the shed. I am planning on a 20A fusible disconnect at the shed and since I am using direct burial, the trench will be 24" deep. The location...
  5. pcarpe01

Subfloor Question

I have been searching high and low for the answer, even called the support line for the insulation I plan on using. I live in NY and remodeling a small 20' x 8' room that is above a vented crawl space. I plan on using Roxul insulation between the joists that does not have a vapor barrier...
  6. pcarpe01

Attic Air Leaking into Air Handler

We have a Bryant system for central AC. The air handler is installed in the attic. We recently got a new roof installed - all new plywood, shingles, etc. On hot days we can smell the roof within the house. I went to the attic and noticed that air leaks where the refrigeration lines enter the...
  7. pcarpe01

Dryer 10/3 & Breaker Slightly Warm

I noticed on a new cable run to my dryer that the cable gets slightly warm, along with the breaker after running for 30 minutes. The only reason I noticed it was that I was running additional cables to the panel, which were cold to the touch, but the cable for the dryer is slightly warmer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks