Search results

1. leelee77

Thank you, plumbers!

I know that some plumbers are not working right now while others are under a lot of pressure with a heavy work load. This seems like an especially tough time to be a plumber. I was thinking about all of you when I read this article...
  2. leelee77

What is the right way to shut down an icemaker line?

Thank you! Yes I wondered if having the water just sitting in a line was a problem over time but I would rather just leave it be if it's not.
  3. leelee77

What is the right way to shut down an icemaker line?

I don't use my fridge's ice maker anymore, so the line that runs to it (probably around a 10' pex line, teed off of the line that runs to my kitchen sink through the crawl space) never has water run through it. I'm not planning on using the ice maker and so I'm wondering what should I do with...
  4. leelee77

Need help to get faucet handle apart

Mine looks like this. I need to unscrew the cap from the sleeve to get to the parts inside. There are some flat spots for a wrench right at the top of the cap but they are so shallow I can't get a grip with a wrench. Maybe a 1.5 inch socket would work? (If I can find one.) And how do I get a...
  5. leelee77

Is it true that the same brand faucets are of better quality at the plumbing supply?

I'm going to need to replace my kitchen faucet and I want to choose a good one that will last. Do they make any faucets with brass parts anymore or have they all gone to plastic with pex tubing connections? Do plumbers have their favorite brands or models?
  6. leelee77

Need help to get faucet handle apart

I have a Delta Leland kitchen faucet and I want to replace the springs & seals. I have the handle off but I cannot remove the dome shaped cap from the base. It gives you some very small flat spots for a wrench but when I try to twist it, the cap and base twist as one part in the counter. How can...
  7. leelee77

Hose bibs - what needs to be done to protect potable water?

This is just my opinion but I have had those screw-on anti-siphon adapters corrode and go bad and need replacement, so I remove the set screw now when I put them on. Otherwise it's a real pain in the neck to get them back off again and replace them.
  8. leelee77

Question about replacing my old tankless water heater

Well, I guess that as no one is jumping in and saying "oh, tankless water heaters are designed way better than that these days!" I will keep my current setup with the 6 gallon tank after the tankless. It has worked so well this far and I can't see any reason it would be a bad idea except that...
  9. leelee77

Question about replacing my old tankless water heater

I have a Bosch natural gas tankless water heater that is about 13 years old. When we installed it, we found that it took a high rate of flow to trigger it to turn on. If the tap wasn't on full blast, the water heater would not turn on. So, we added a small electric water heater after it to act...
  10. leelee77

Is there a safe heat source for a small mechanical closet?

What do they mean by "Two year limited quality"? Are they only reliable for 2 years?
  11. leelee77

Thanks a lot, Dana! I guess I would need to remove the pipe insulation and put the tape on instead. There are a lot of pipes in that little room!
  12. leelee77

Hi Dana, yes I am by Puget Sound. It's only in the last couple years have I seen the temps stay down long enough to start to worry me, and maybe I'm worrying for nothing but if my small electric water heater was to fail, I think the room could get cold enough overnight to possibly cause...
  13. leelee77

Thank you so much, Jim. Where would you recommend I put the heat tape? The pex has foam tubular insulation over it (except on the fittings that it doesn't fit over). The tankless is a Bosch Aquastar, it doesn't have freezing protection. It has a pipe that brings in combustion air from the...
  14. leelee77

I have a cantilevered bumpout (16" x 52" inside dimensions), whose door is on the outside, that houses the pex plumbing lines coming into my house, water filter, NG tankless water heater, and a small electric water heater. Usually, the small electric water heater gives off enough heat to keep...
  15. leelee77

Idea for monitoring vent pressure -- Transparent P-Trap

I watched a how-to video on replacing the drain pipe on youtube where the guy used a clear p-trap. I thought it was a pretty cool idea but when I looked up reviews there were a lot of complaints of them cracking.
  16. leelee77

Delta diamond seal technology- opinions?

I've always used Delta but their new style with pex built into it is new to me. I was so proud of myself for getting my new bar faucet installed but 2 days later, I turned on the water and water started spraying out the base of the faucet above the escutcheon. They are sending me a replacement...
  17. leelee77

Faucet Question - Drain Waste Seat

Thanks, Reach4, I did put a little bleach in there :-)
  18. leelee77

Just because I am better at photoshop than plumbing (not by much) here is how I picture the overflow, is this accurate?
  19. leelee77

It's interesting you should post this question. I had just posted about changing my drain out and discovering all the crud that was in the bottom of that overflow section. I never realized how whatever goes down the drain sits in that bottom section of the sink without draining out all the way...
  20. leelee77

Lavatory Drain Question

Oh, gotcha. Thanks, Terry!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks