Search results

1. US3rnotfound

Flange 1/4" to 3/8" below finished floor

Greetings, I am about to install my toilet today after a bathroom renovation, to include new flooring. The contractor affixed the closet flange to the subfloor, instead of above the finished floor, telling me I can just get an extra thick wax seal when I go to install the toilet. Well the...
  2. US3rnotfound

Bathroom Sink P-Trap Installation In Tight Space

Hi, I am remodeling a bathroom and I am at the part where I'm installing the new vanity (that's been sitting collecting dust for a while so probably cannot return it). I bring that up because the vanity has a very small opening inside. Too small for a P-Trap without hacking it up beyond...
  3. US3rnotfound

Closet Flange Height Not High Enough for Finished Floor?

I have another question about the job that I hired a plumber for, roughing in a closet flange. He told me after he was finished with the job that the waste pipe is the perfect height for the finished floor, no cutting needed. Well after a couple of days I got to thinking this didn't look like...
  4. US3rnotfound

Lavatory Drain Rough-in

Hi, I recently hired a plumber to route supply and drain lines to a new single bathroom lavatory location in my master bathroom. So, after a few days have passed and we are still getting quotes on tile contractors, I noticed some things about the drain line that look odd: 1. It is 1 - 1/2"...