Search results

1. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

That makes sense to me. But I can try is all I can do. I would really like this pump to last and I am more worried about it going out or not lasting as long as it could.
  2. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

It is possible I am. Mostly carried in hardware stores. That is the problem is I dont know if mine will even do 60. The head gauge says 70 though when it is restricted. Once I open her up it may not.
  3. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

You know I have to ask. Why do most of the pumps I see come with a pressure switch that's 30/50? From everything I have read this pressure was normal in the 90s but every quality (affordable) pump except maybe goulds I have looked at has come with a 30/50. I even looked up the wayne 3/4 and 1hp...
  4. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

I figured if it's already at 50psi with the CSV taking it up another 10psi shouldn't be too long. I'll change it out here in the next couple weeks depending on the weather and then I'll go down and watch it and time it.
  5. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

Alrighty I shall give her a try. I suppose if it struggles to get to 60psi I can always change it back. How much time after the faucet is shut off should I give it to get to the 60psi cut off. 1 minute or so?
  6. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

Will do. As long as it doesn't ruin the pump I am okay with doing that. Being on limited water i believe everything in the house is around 2-3gpm. So i may run into issues when i try to use two things at once but i really try to prevent that.
  7. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

5.5 gallon. I know the p side kick had a 4.4 gallon. However my reason behind buying the 5.5 gallon was simply to have a horizontal base to set the pump on top of the tank. I have nowhere to put the p side kick and do not have time to build a structure for the pump and that as well.
  8. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

I will say this stuff is very confusing as all of the wayne pumps including the 1hp only call out for 50psi max at 5'. So I am not even sure which type of pump I should have bought. I just know a 1/2 hp was down there and wayne is suppose to be a good brand. The whole 50psi constant only has to...
  9. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

The pressure switch that comes with the pump isn't a square D type. It has like one with a flat blade and a max of 55psi I believe. Also my tank is located under my house. I dont have enough air hose to get to it
  10. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

I just dont want to ruin this pump is all. That's why I created an account here. I live in the boonies and had to wait two days to actually receive my pump and one leaking under the house to use for daily water use. If you think that running a 40/60 switch with the psi being 50 constant on the...
  11. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! I dont know if I even have anything that requires 7-8gpm to be honest. Now on to one last question before I drop $26 on a pressure switch and pull this tank out to adjust the air in the tank. Will running it at max head pressure ruin it? I even asked the cycle stop valve...
  12. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

Very nice! I even asked the manufacturer and they said no. But that should be able to work. The question is if that pressure will drop at 50psi constant. I may dabble with it next weekend. Do you know if that voids the warranty?
  13. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

I understand that. Right now the switch is 30/50 with the CSV at 40psi. I dont know if my pump will be able to withstand 40/60
  14. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

I agree.. valveman while you are on here what's your take on running a Wayne SWS50 1/2hp on a 40/60 pressure switch? With the CSV on it while the CSV holds it to 40psi the actual pressure showing on the pump head is 70psi. I couldn't get a straight answer from the company themselves.
  15. Brian Dix

Tankless water heater on a well

I apologize for that. http://pdf.lowes.com/installationguides/766156008290_install.pdf That is the manual I am looking at. $799 manufactured home approved with LP and PVC venting and intake. I am not sure I would pay 1500 for it rather than just buy a new tank. Something within a couple...
  16. Brian Dix

It is on page 47 of that manual where it shows that it is 50psi minimum. Unless I need to get a different model.
  17. Brian Dix

RUCS75IP is the model I was looking at. About half the price with only 7.5gpm I believe my pump will only produce 6.4gpm
  18. Brian Dix

So I will be fine then? I didnt see that
  19. Brian Dix

Check valve placement

Thank you guys very much!!! I put the check valve on the suction side so it would hold pressure. He claimed it used more power and was worse for it to be under pressure...
  20. Brian Dix

I am not sure if the pump can or not. I bought the house last August and it had a 1/2hp county line all in one setup on it so I decided to go this route instead. The PDF on lowes page that I have read shows a 50psi minimum for it. I cannot get rinnai to respond to see if a 10psi difference...