Search results

1. Chris989

Leaving in a test plug

Hello All, I have an abandoned drain right tight up against a wall plate. Is there any reason I could not cut the 2"ABS off flush with the floor and solvent weld a knock out style test plug in place? I know it is not the same as a true ABS cap but jack hammering around the pipe will be...
  2. Chris989

Reducing sink drain from 2" to 1.5

Hello all, Yes i know that reducing drain waste in the direction of flow is a violation. I have a circumstance where a 2" trap arm (40") is used to drain a single sink. The trap arm goes into a standard 2x1.5x2 san-tee. Due to a 70s home and very limited space, reducing back to 1.5 on the...
  3. Chris989

Gas water heat will not fire

Hello all, I rerouted my flue today for a State 50 gal power vented heater. Did nothing but turn the switch off. Now tonight it will not fire. The pilot is still on, never went out. The fan powers up as normal. Just no main burner. Is it possible the thermo coupling could go bad and...
  4. Chris989

Multiple water heaters

Hello All, Sorry if this is a stupid question. I currently have a 50gal water heater in my basement. (plenty) Now with my remodel/additions complete we are 120 liner feet one end to the other. I am considering a recirculation pump but also adding a heater more near to the demand. Is...
  5. Chris989

Moentrol temperature adjustment

Hello all, I have been searching and can not find the answer. I have moentrol 3570 valves in a new build, both hot and cold work and the pressure is fine but i feel like the valve is blending in cold water. I never get the same hot water as my faucets and when filling a large tub, the...
  6. Chris989

dampers or correct size ducts

Hello all, Quick question about Manual J and duct sizes. I just got my report for a new addition and I am a little suprised that all of my ducts are over sizes and in the notes at the end it spec dampers and load balance. I understand that it is easier to have less sizes to deal with and...
  7. Chris989

Why did this fail inspection?

Hello, Can anyone tell me why this section of drain/vent would fail UPC? It is a WC with a ~18" of wet venting shared with the shower? I posted this layout a few weeks ago https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/please-explain-this-venting-code.74705/#post-550340. The inspector...
  8. Chris989

Please explain this venting code

2017 Idaho UPC Pic 1 is a toilet with a 2" vent within 72",,,, pass pic 2 toilet wet venting ~18" of a shared 2" drain from a tub,,,, Fail. Pic 3 toilet, tub and lav wet venting with a 2",,,, Pass? I was told to do it as picture 3 even though it looks like spaghetti, adds ~10' to my run...
  9. Chris989

bathroom group wet vent

Hello All, I spoke to my inspector today and I was told that to wet vent a master bath, all fixtures had to be on one vent. My lav is on a opposite wall and i was going to use the vent near the shower to vent tub/shower/WC. As I read the UPC "not to exceed" toilet, shower,tub, up to two lav...
  10. Chris989

Horzontal wet venting

Hello all, Can some one verify if my drawing is correct. I am in Idaho and they use the UPC 2015. Contractors are slammed here so i am stuck doing this rough myself. the shower is 2" and runs 20" until a vertical 1.5 vent. then in 15" it picks up the tub 45" tub drain. Together these run...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks