Search results

1. Davud

3/8” shutoff to 1/2” faucet bad idea?

Thank both you gentlemen very much!
  2. Davud

3/8” shutoff to 1/2” faucet bad idea?

Hello. I’m new to plumbing and made the mistake of assuming “what worked then will work now”. I’m remodeling a 1/2 bath and purchased replacement sink shutoffs that were identical to the existing ones; 1/2” sweat to 3/8” compression. Well the new faucet I bought (Kohler Rubicon R76216) has 1/2”...
  3. Davud

Question about soldering 1/4” copper

Thanks for the information Sylvan. Here is where I read that “regular” solder may not work. It sounds as though he is misinformed though. The first reply: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/solder-fitting-for-1-4-o-d-copper-tubing.59517/ I ordered a compression fitting last...
  4. Davud

Thanks for the fast reply Terry. This is where I found the fittings: https://www.plumbingsupply.com/copper.html#reducingcoupling Incidentally, I’ll go with the compression fittings though. It’s good to know I could solder, if need be, but if the man himself vouches for compression fittings...
  5. Davud

Hello. The supply line for my HVAC’s humidifier is 1/4” copper. After reading that saddle valves are almost universally panned by the pros, I’m avoiding going that route to tie it in to my main supply. I’m going to tee off an adjacent hot line (1/2”), then install a shutoff valve (also 1/2”)...
  6. Davud

Help with compatible shower faucet

Thanks for your help Reach. Yes, I did do the 5 gallon bucket test to calculate the 2.85 gpm. I also threaded a pressure gauge on the arm and got the 30 psi. Sorry I didn’t specify exactly how I tested. And for reference, here is the shower faucet I’m looking at...
  7. Davud

Thanks for the reply. So according to the graph, it appears as though, there is a range of particular minimum and maximum psi rates where the realized gpm is the same. i.e., between 40 and 70 psi the gpm is capped at 2.5 (just as an example). If so, my next question would be, how could I go...
  8. Davud

Hello, I’m trying to determine what my options are for a new shower faucet. For reference, I took the existing shower head off and tested the flow and psi to be 2.85 gpm at 30 psi. Whenever I look online, shower heads tend to be rated at a gpm and psi configuration. For example, 2.5 gpm at 80...
  9. Davud

Question on estimating shower supply

Never mind. I read through the manual, it doesn’t look like it’ll work. It specifies incoming pressure needs to be between 20-25 psi, and that it is only well suited for smaller homes with only one or two bathrooms.
  10. Davud

Thank you jadnashua. I tested 11.1 gpm and 36 psi where the city supply enters my home. I’ve been researching booster pumps. Do you think this pump will work? https://www.waterpumpsdirect.com/Bur-Cam-506532SS-Water-Pump/p7177.html I have two showers on the second floor, at about 24’ feet above...
  11. Davud

Thanks a lot. I looked through the handbook and did some calculations. I believe I should have just under 24 psi at 6 gpm when I reach the fixtures. Now I understand most shower heads output 2.5 gpm, so if I have 6, then I should be fine(?) But what about my pressure? This is where I get...
  12. Davud

Actually, it just occurred to me that the DW is probably rather irrelevant, since they basically use about 4-5 gallons of water during the whole process. They mainly just draw water during a short period then recycle it (unless I’m wrong?). But if I hopped in the shower at the exact same time my...
  13. Davud

Wow, that almost exactly the same as my actual measurement. Good to know there are formulas out there that are reliable. Thank you Sylvan. Where did you get that info, by the way? And as far as my main question, do you have any thoughts on what I planned to do? I initially figure I could just...
  14. Davud

Hello, I'm trying to determine whether or not I my home's water supply is equipped to install one of those shower rain heads along with a handheld for a master bath remodel. I have a pretty low PSI but they flow rate is decent, from what I've read. For reference, here are the specs, along with...
  15. Davud

Question about effect of supply and pressure

Thanks for the fast reply. I tested the pressure at a hose bib that is within a few feet of where the supply enters the house, so I'd imagine that implies the low pressure is not due to fiction, as from point of entry to the bib is probably only 4-5 feet of pipe, unless there is more to it than...
  16. Davud

Here is a drawing if it helps. The blue corresponds to the hot and cold 3/4" main supplies, the pink corresponds to the 1/2" branch supplies for each fixture.
  17. Davud

Hello, I have low water pressure (35 psi) and am adding an additional sink to the master bathroom (currently has only one). I'm assuming my pressure will decrease, even if only slightly, by the additional demand on the system. Assuming this is the case, and since my pressure is low to begin...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks