Search results

1. Sid Post

Cold weather freeze protection?

This is probably a super simple question for many of you living North of me (South of I-30 in Texas), what do you use to keep your well house from freezing and busting pipe and tanks? Do you use some sort of temperature sensitive electrical outlet to turn on a heater? Do you use electrical...
  2. Sid Post

Is a flow rate meter a good option for me? If so, which one?

I have a chlorinator system headed my way with a contact tank. Is a flow rate meter a good idea to help me set the right chlorination level for my daily use versus contact tank capacity? My well is in an area with several commercial chicken producers and I will have a rainwater backup to my...
  3. Sid Post

Larger pipe from the well house to support the chlorine contact tanks?

This may be a crazy idea and thought but, what I was considering doing since I need to dig up and replace substandard wiring from the main panel to well pump and the water line to the house was to use larger diameter waterline. The well house will continue to be on 1 1/4" pipe (internally) from...
  4. Sid Post

Water filtration and safety - rainwater cistern

It looks I may have bartered for a rainwater catchment tank. Thinking I will want to have this potentially for drinking water or at least showers and similar uses, I asked around about water safety. A lot of people are telling me I need a chlorine system. Others say just UV light. What is...
  5. Sid Post

Diaphragm pressure tank? Amtrol WX350D?

I don't want a cheap replacement well tank from Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, etc. I want something reasonably priced with good quality, not the cheapest thing I can find. Air over water is out of the question due to expense though, I would like to give it a try to pull some light iron...
  6. Sid Post

Ruth Berry 158K 1HP well controller?

Hello everyone! New guy here with an unplanned water issue. First of all a ~$2k water bill for a water line break while I was gone for 5 days! :eek: I have been told they (plumbers) won't be able to find the break since the rain has my front pasture flooded so, the 'city' water has been shut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks