Search results

1. Tanner

Laundry utility sink replacement

Since the sink and toilet behind that hub drain just fine, would you suspect it's blockage between the cleanout and hub? Is there any way to test whether venting will help without actually adding an AAV to the line?
  2. Tanner

The vertical drain line that goes into the floor just to the right of the sink (left of cleanout) is the drain for the kitchen sink and dishwasher directly above the utility sink. I looked at the roof and it is vented for that drain. The drain line that goes to the cleanout and then to the hub...
  3. Tanner

Shower reno - removing cast iron drain from concrete

Updated the initial post with pics. I haven't tried removing the drain yet, but was wondering about the venting situation. The concrete curb opposite the shower threshold is where the main vent/drain line goes below the concrete and where the large vent is on my roof. There's a sink and...
  4. Tanner

I've got an old laundry sink that I'm looking to replace with a Mustee utilatub model 19. It has roughly the same volume, and I'd like to add a faucet. My current sink tends to fill up 80% of the way when doing laundry (standard non-HE washing machine), and tends to drain relatively slowly...
  5. Tanner

Shower reno - removing cast iron drain from concrete

Hi everyone, I have a basement bathroom with an old tile shower that had been improperly installed and was moldy and falling apart. I tore it out to the studs 2 years ago and just haven't gotten around to redoing it due to the drain situation. The house was build in 1962, so I have some...