Search results

1. cityfarmer123

Help with pump/tank for rain cistern

Hello again Valveman -- Not sure where you heard that the MQ pump is no longer available. Our supplier stocks them and we have about 15 in our inventory currently because we use them so frequently. But I am excited to read some threads and, as you say, catch up with the latest conversations. As...
  2. cityfarmer123

Submersible pump in cistern mounting/installation

Interesting Valveman -- I'm glad to have the push-back! Have you used Franklin's C1 bottom intake pump? I've put in about 100 of them and have not had a single failure yet, but I admit that they just came on the market 3-4 years ago (at least that's when I became aware of them) so haven't been...
  3. cityfarmer123

Ingredients of Cements and Primers

What precautions do you all take when working with cement/primer? I've been working with the stuff professionally for at least 12 years now, and it's gotten to the point where I wear a respirator when using it. I also wear nitrile gloves but I'm always surprised by how few of people I see who...
  4. cityfarmer123

Submersible pump in cistern mounting/installation

I install cisterns for a living, and I would not recommend installing a well pump inside a cistern, or, if you do, I would highly recommend installing it vertically and, as Valveman said, fashion a casing in which to put the pump. If you install a standard well pump horizontally, it will create...
  5. cityfarmer123

Help with pump/tank for rain cistern

I realize this is a late response, but to future readers, there is some really impressive technology these days coming out of Europe for cistern/rainwater pumps. Grundfos, in particular, makes some really nice jet pumps and submersible pumps that don't require a pressure tank or pressure switch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks