Search results

1. lingua

Check valve chatter

Hi all, Condo plumbers replaced a check valve right outside (parking structure) adjacent my unit on a 3/4" recirculation line which then feeds through my unit (in the joists above) and then up to the top of the building. It's been chattering like crazy and is clearly audible in our unit. Not...
  2. lingua

location and responsibility to install hammer arrestor

Appreciate the replies. Yes, we're in Los Angeles...the condo is North facing and 3 feet below grade with the bath tucked back without window. It get's a little musty there so probably about half the year we can use the towel warmer to dry towels and in theory dry the air in the bath? Only been...
  3. lingua

Sorry for the confusion which comes with me not knowing the entirety of the system. The hot water comes from the boiler down the shower line, where it Ts off to the towel warmer, and loops back into the system to I don't know where, but not to any drain. The second picture shows the towel...
  4. lingua

1. Yes, the supply line is potable water T-d off from shower line. I could get more info about the system, but he, and building maintenance, have said its on some type of closed loop system. Not sure if relevant but the building has regularly dealt with water mixing issues (hot/cold). 2. Yes...
  5. lingua

Hi there, A few months back, plumbers redid my shower and sink lines and the HVAC guy installed a new air handler in my condo (first floor of four; compressor on roof) and he also ran lines to an Italian towel warmer in my bathroom. The inlet valve to the towel warmer has been suffering one...
  6. lingua

Rough in vs. Trim...who's responsible?

Hi there, Plumber relocated my shower water and drain lines, roughing in shower valve, leaving volume and temp control stems protruding and 1/2" nipple for shower head. I declined post-tile trim work (automatically excluded on their original estimate) and did it myself, later finding we had no...
  7. lingua

Hot water radiator

thanks! gives me some hope. I showed it to my plumber today who said show it to my HVAC guy lol. I think because it said available for central heating systems. All foreign to me as not in the trade.
  8. lingua

Hot water radiator

2 more spec sheets that I couldn't upload prior
  9. lingua

Hot water radiator

Hi there, Would really appreciate any advice on a hot water radiator from Europe I was looking to have shipped over. I showed the specs to my plumber who seemed unsure of the setup yet confident he could make it work. Appreciate any info on this
  10. lingua

Using integral power and water on Geberit wall carrier for TOTO bidet seat

houndzilla, any reason you went with the Gerberit carrier instead of the Totot? Also, haven't bought my Aquia yet, and it sounds like Dougb mayknow this, but my carrier's left side studs will abut a block wall, leaving no room for the outlet I'd like there. Do you see any reason why the...
  11. lingua

Toto MH wall hung

I've chosen the Aquia...just posted a question on a new thread. Anyhow, I've been sitting on every toilet in the showroom lately and the d shaped bowl means a d shaped seat. Not very comfortable in my opinion. I also read about the not male friendly Maris and asked about that for the Aquia...
  12. lingua

Toto Wall hung drain line locations

Hi there, first post and very appreciative of all the info on here. Have gutted out my bathroom and chosen the Aquia wall hung. My condo is 4 feet below grade, on slab on grade, and so I am securing my framing for this to a block wall which should be even more secure than to typical framing (I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks