Search results

1. Ryanarin

Leaking, probably cracked Weil-McClain boiler - good replacement options for old house?

Thanks for the info. The expansion tank is hard to see, its silver, facing away. Its in the upper left. A few plumbers have knocked on it recently, saying it seemed fine. The other problems, did not seem to occur to them! So glad to have gotten such good feedback here, thanks again. Now...
  2. Ryanarin

Leaking, probably cracked Weil-McClain boiler - good replacement options for old house?

Thanks very much for this reply. Sorry for the delayed response-- didn't seem to get notifications in my email. Happy New Year! Looking at it myself, I don't think the return water to the boiler has any kind of bypass. Here is a photo showing the piping, which was originally put in with...
  3. Ryanarin

Thank you so much for your super helpful reply. I really appreciate this great information. Yes, they are big high volume cast iron radiators--the largest is 32" x 38" x 10". Others (7 more) are smaller. Then Fernox is safe to use with this boiler? I guess that is what I will try first, if...
  4. Ryanarin

20 years ago when I bought my house (built in 1919) it had a huge, ancient hot water boiler covered with asbestos, that had been converted from coal to natural gas. I now wish I still had the thing (minus the asbestos). In 2005, silly me thought it might be a good idea to replace it, even...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks