Search results

1. DoorGuy500

Extreme Drain Buildup - Help?

Correct. I used warm water for the Bio-clean.. The boiling water was between doses of vinegar and snaking. The drain remains clear enough today to use for decent shower. I think that we'll look into a whole house water softener now and hope that the hard residue will eventually dissipate.
  2. DoorGuy500

I forgot to mention, several gallons (3-5) of boiling water between each and every application!
  3. DoorGuy500

One more night with a strong vinegar solution. Slow drain this morning... Now it seems to be running without backing up onto the shower floor. My wife is going to try a nice long shower and wash her hair in there. I'm grateful for working patiently... now we'll see how it does! Woo Hoo!
  4. DoorGuy500

I have more photos if anyone is really sick and wants to see more! :)
  5. DoorGuy500

Hi Guys. I've been plugging away with a snake, attached to my drill, at slow speed, working to clear my drain. I got the mortar out with a couple soakings of Concrete dissolver and my shop vac. The I was able to remove the soap scum and organics with several days using Bio-clean. This in...
  6. DoorGuy500

Woman vs Man

Women's Ass Size Study There is a new study out about women and how they feel about their asses! The results of this study are pretty interesting: a. 85% of women think their ass is too big... b.. 10% of women think their ass is too little... c.. The other 5% say that they don't care, they...
  7. DoorGuy500

Good point... I'll look into it.
  8. DoorGuy500

Woman vs Man

HOW TO START A FIGHT: One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift... The next year, I didn't buy her a gift. When she asked me why, I replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!" And that's how the fight started...
  9. DoorGuy500

Shower Access Box

I just traded emails with him, asking several questions. The hole was filled with concrete, then thin set to shape the floor and set the tile. Don't I need to have a shower pan? I'm trying to find a copy of the 2015 plumbing code, in case I need to cite chapter and verse. Please note this is...
  10. DoorGuy500

Shower Access Box

One more question, with slab on grade, the bathtub pulled, the dirt area for access to the P trap filled with concrete and thin set to build up and slope the floor to the drain. The contractor is now telling me he did not need any other shower pan. Is that correct? What potential problems am I...
  11. DoorGuy500

Shower Access Box

we purchased the home 2 years ago. Haven't used the sunken tub because my wife could not get into it. With a recent medical diagnoses, we decided to convert the tub location to a walk-in shower. Not expecting anything, the contractor filled in the dirt area with concrete and tiled the floor. (I...
  12. DoorGuy500

Shower Access Box

I recently had a contractor convert a sunken tub into an ADA curbless shower. When the tub was pulled, there was a hole in the slab and the dirt was exposed. The work on the floor was done, I think the contractor simply filled the dirt area with concrete. Is there a code requiring an access box...
  13. DoorGuy500

I found that Sakrete, the concrete folks, have a product called concrete dissolver. It basically undoes the cementitious bond in mortar and concrete. It does work. But I think the intended use is to clean the tools and and remove concrete from automobiles. I saw a video on YouTube about it...
  14. DoorGuy500

Woman vs Man

A cowboy from Texas attends a social function where a politician was trying to gather more support for his reelection. Once he discovers the cowboy is from Texas, he starts to belittle him by talking in a southern drawl and single syllable words. As he was doing that, he kept swatting at...
  15. DoorGuy500

Hello, My wife and I purchased a home circa 1976 and started doing some remodeling. She was recently diagnosed with a medical problem and now I need to make the home ADA compatible. So....., I recently converted a sunken bathtub into a walk-in curbless shower. It turned out really nice. But I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks