Search results

1. John777

What is the Best Brand submersible Well Pump (Made in USA)?

I emailed the driller of the well for a well construction report. He said its not on the computer so it would take time to find. 100-200 dollars in labor charges for that. Is that standard? Even if it is I guess I won't be getting one.
  2. John777

I was looking at some different pumps. One thing I couldn't figure out and it didn't explain was the stages. Some pumps say 14, others in the 20's. What does the stages mean? The well guy came out and said if your pump is getting hot we should lower it because its running dry. I didn't like...
  3. John777

I don't know the construction. I think the pump is like 30 ft from the bottom but not for sure. I'll get the measurements after the pump is pulled (water level and bottom of well). Can those measurements tell you somewhat about the construction of it? Thanks for that video. I needed that info...
  4. John777

Thanks for the info on this. I checked it out and found out I don't have a 5" pipe, its 4 1/2" Which means I can't use the shroud. You think I should go with a 3" pump. the sp series? Data for that was hard to find if it can pump from 650 ft (water line I believe). Plus it didn't say stainless...
  5. John777

after the pump is pulled is that an easy fix or is it hard and expensive. Those pumps run about $2000. And yes 17 amps is what it used to run at. "do not have a shroud or flow inducer sleeve" is this something they have done on purpose to shorten the life span? If so is there a way to put one on...
  6. John777

So my Grandfos 10S30 been making noise, and flipping the run switch. I put a control meter on it and its running at 34 amps which is much higher than it should be. Every once in awhile it runs at 22 and it don't make much noise. The higher the amps the louder it gets and then shuts off. I got a...
  7. John777

I'm looking for a good installer to install a 4" pump. Its currently 700 ft dept. I'm in cleburne Tx. I called one place and they said they would call back with a quote. That was 4 days ago.
  8. John777

Do you know the difference between the 23000 series and the 24000 series? Both seem like they do the same stuff.
  9. John777

Thanks for the Data on those pumps. Was wondering on those charts if it includes the average psi pumping into the tank or if its free flowing out the top? Also how much wear and tear does getting a storage tank help out on the pump?
  10. John777

no, just my family. 3 hp and single phase is all I got. well is bout 700 ft dept. So from the charts it looks like a 10s or 16s would do fine. I was way off on the 62s. Think I was looking at meters instead of feet dept.
  11. John777

yea sorry grandfos. idk where I got the grandfus at. And its a sp4 62s. thats 62 gal per min. Think they had 45s 35s and lower. That is for the sp4 series. They have the spe, spq, spqe which I don't really know anything about. So any info on these types is appreciative.
  12. John777

Thanks for that information. Most don't seem to know about planned obsolescence. I'm looking for the best pump I can get since installation is so high. I'm thinking a grandfus sp4 s62 since its set at 735 deep. If you know of a better one let me know. single phase 230v. So whats the problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks