Search results

1. robfun

Wellmate hydro-pneumatic water pressure tank questions

Everyone. I wanted to say thanks for the input! I replaced the AVC today. I got it loose with boiling hot water on a rag around the AVC and a 3' pipe wrench :) The old one is ready for a good CLR bath :)
  2. robfun

I picked up some high capacity channel lock pliers and still couldn't get it to budge. Had to have someone hold the tank while I heaved on it.
  3. robfun

My bench vice only has a capacity of 2 - 3/4", which is too small. Even if I did have more capacity, I'm not sure how I'd get leverage to move the bench vice.
  4. robfun

I'm trying to grip onto the dark grey part shown in the picture in the first post. It's the top of the AVC that unscrews from the tank. It has a 3" distance from flat side to flat side, which is why my wrench has a 3" capacity.
  5. robfun

I've picked up a replacement AVC Model # CH11177 (cost $113 CDN with tax) and am in the middle of trying to replace it. I can't get the existing AVC to budge. I'm using a slip & lock nut wrench with a 3" capacity, but not having any luck getting it to move. Anyone have any tips to loosen it...
  6. robfun

If I have about 1L of water per week coming out of the AVC, do you suspect I need to replace the AVC or just clean it?
  7. robfun

Thanks everyone for the replies! I can upload a pic of our setup if that would help. The micronizer device (plumber called it a massey injector) has good suction. Here are a few more questions: Thanks for the insight and input! We're happy with the water pressure. With the current 30/60...
  8. robfun

Correct, the blow down valve had been opened and water had finished running out. He checked the air pressure on top of the tank and it read zero, so he thought the bladder had a rip in it. He said there was still water in the tank and so they used an air compressor to inject air into the top...
  9. robfun

First time posting here, so go easy on a newbie :) Had a plumber in to replace a leaking pressure water switch. (something I'll do myself next time). He told us the bladder in our tank is busted and we need to replace the tank. He pushed air in the top of tank to clear out any sludge and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks