Search results

1. andre3000

Chronic community pump failure

Thanks @valveman and @Reach4, I understand now. It is very ingenious and elegantly low tech. Why then is it not standard?
  2. andre3000

How does it varry the flow to match demand?! Sounds like the sort of magic I want to learn :)
  3. andre3000

So it is a servo motor driving a valve, doesnt that move or add a failure point?
  4. andre3000

CSV varries flow and keeps RPM, VFD varries RPM. how does CSV varry flow? doesnt lowering flow increase pressure and put more stress on pump what else is required when installing CSV? can traditional on/off coexist with CSV (if we want to test CSV with non CSV fallback)
  5. andre3000

thanks. CSV varies pump flow instead of the traditional binary hammering. This makes much more sense. Now what is the difference between a CSV and a VFD? Do normal pumps handle varrying amp? And which piece of equiment carries the amps in a CSV system?
  6. andre3000

Thanks for the recommendation. You designed CSV ? Can you explain how CSV, VFD and regular pressure switch work and tell me more about their impact on performance and lifetime? Also what is a pump' discharge?
  7. andre3000

I don't know so here is how i saw it work: pressure tank psi drops below the min threshold -> current goes through a switch that alternates between pumps -> first small relay closes -> which closes another large relay -> which kick starts the booster pump. The kick start is brutal.
  8. andre3000

Hello evryone, I live in a community that lives off a well that produces 55 gpm+, about 70 house. For years now water shuts off, pumps get fixed and water turn brown now and then. The system is made of a 350' well, 2 large reservoirs with min max sensors which shut off booster pumps if out of...