Search results

1. deesson

Crimped oil line

Thanks for all that information. Much appreciated. Mike
  2. deesson

Crimped oil line

The tank is 1000 gallons and is probably close to 60 years old. I usually top it off in the fall each year. I have a hot water boiler system, an old weil-mclain with a becket burner.
  3. deesson

Crimped oil line

Thank you for the advice. I will certainly take it into consideration should the problem arise once again. What can be done if there is water/condensation in the fuel tank? Mike
  4. deesson

Crimped oil line

About the sputtering: the burner would kick on, run for 10-15 seconds, then shut off. After 30 seconds it would start back up and usually complete the cycle, but sputter a lot. Then it would repeat the process until finally it would sputter, shut off and lock out. It would lock out at least once...
  5. deesson

Crimped oil line

I need some advice on what can be done to remedy this problem I have. Last winter when it got below freezing, the burner kept sputtering. I am sure it's from the kink in the oil line coming into the basement. It is only about one inch from the concrete. The tank is buried underground. I have...
  6. deesson

Need to replace valve stems and diverter

The first two photos are of the hot stem. I had to double up the washers because the threads are worn and slipping. The second two photos are the diverter, which I am having a hard time finding.
  7. deesson

Yes, that looks right, but it says no longer available. Can a plumbing supply or hardware store rebuild the diverter? http://www.faucetpartsplus.com/product_p/7231823.htm looks like the right stem. 5 3/8" is what I measured.
  8. deesson

I tried to remove the handles but that's not happening. All the diverters I see online have a rubber washer on the end. Mine doesn't have a washer. Is it just that worn down?
  9. deesson

I need help determining the manufacturer and where to purchase/replace parts. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks