Search results

1. Antlerman

Delta 600, How Do I Remove Shower Cartridge/Mixer?

Please look at this picture and tell me how to remove this cartridge. Also am wondering if I'll be able to simply replace it?
  2. Antlerman

Best Washing Machine & Laundry Tub Pump?

Okay, that makes sense. They close in a week and I'll be able to get in there and see what's up, maybe take a couple photos. Thanks!
  3. Antlerman

Thanks for the quick reply Wayne and YES, I am in Michigan. I have not yet seen the setup, but it's possible there's a vent line nearby. If so, can I "tap into" an existing vent, or will this need to be separate and go all the way through the roof..... or just through the outside wall? Pump...
  4. Antlerman

I'm going to be helping my son work on a duplex he is purchasing that has a bad setup for washing machine draining - BOTH apartments drain their washing machines AND laundry tubs into the sump pump basin. It smells bad and, most likely, will cause the motor on the sump pump to fail...
  5. Antlerman

Trouble with Pitless Adapter

There's more. A piece of metal from side to side. It has a hole in the center which is where we slid the long rod wrench down into the casing and rotated it round and round to tighten the threads on the pitless adapter. I could get a picture tomorrow, but it's 5 degrees and dark outside right...
  6. Antlerman

It's 5 ft down so I can't show a picture. I know it definitely is not the kind that slips on. Does that help,?
  7. Antlerman

Just this evening discovered water shooting back into the well at the pitless again! Where can I get the long wrench used to tighten the pitless and how could it have come loose again? Could pump torque cause that?
  8. Antlerman

In the end I had to cut off the top 5 ft of casing. My well guy was great and came out and connected pvc in its place complete with a new pitless adapter. Got the pump up and running, but then he had to come back the next day and further tighten the connection of the pitless. He used an 8ft...
  9. Antlerman

Salty and Brown After Regeneration

Our softener is the Promate 6.0. The first regeneration was ok, but the most recent had some dirty brown water again. Not as bad as it was prior to the visit, but certainly an issue again. I'd like to clean it myself this time but don't know where exactly it is on the softener?
  10. Antlerman

Thanks and you are correct. In October had top 6ft of steel casing replaced with pvc. Had lots of brown water that we had to flush afterwards. Had the softener guy out on Jan 20th and he cleaned the filter on top of the softener that cleans the water during regeneration. It was quite dirty...
  11. Antlerman

We had a new softener professionally installed over 2 years ago - Hellenbrand ProMate 6.0. Until recently we've had no issues whatsoever. Recently, though, we've had a problem with very salty and dirty water when first using faucets the morning after a regeneration. My initial reading of...
  12. Antlerman

Now that's a new idea, I hadn't thought of sand. I think I'll do that. I don't see why sand wouldn't be as good of an insulator as regular dirt??
  13. Antlerman

I did just that - the dresser coupling- but am told it won't last and not to bury it before I fix it properly :(
  14. Antlerman

Now I'm thinking of installing a new pitless adapter above the old one. The old one does not protrude at all inside the steel casing. I would need to make a new hole by drilling through the casing. It's 4 inch steel casing - can a carbide tipped hole saw make a whole through it?
  15. Antlerman

Yes 4 inch id casing, 1970 well.
  16. Antlerman

Dug down 5 ft to find a hole in the nipple attached to my pitless adapter ....but I'm afraid to grab that nipple and try to twist/take it off for fear of it breaking off - I don't see any threads at the top where it goes into the pitless adapter? Your advice would be greatly appreciated...
  17. Antlerman

Mark 812 Timer Problem

I have a Mark 812 softener that was installed in 1993 and it's still going strong - until lately. The timer now does not appear able to keep correct time. I suspect it is losing time after it regenerates. A call to the local shop said it would be about $100 to have it replaced, IF that's the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks