Search results

1. Retired IT guy

Something doesn't add up on my deep well pump

I received the pump yesterday and installed it today. It looks like I am getting around 25GPM at 100 feet. Thanks again for the advice!
  2. Retired IT guy

I know you get what you pay for, but I also know you don't need a $2000 laptop to check your emails (Sorry, I don't think in plumbing terms). This will be very lightly used, and if I do convert the house back to the well, our usage is only around 2200 gallons a month.Thanks for your input...
  3. Retired IT guy

I can see water at less than 10 feet, and the original pump was at 100 feet in a 200 foot deep well. Will the Hallmark be sufficient for that if I drop it to 100 feet?
  4. Retired IT guy

Again, thank you. The old pump is a Jacuzzi but only lists the model number, which I can't find the specs for online. I don't know the average life, but 24 years seems pretty good. I ordered a 1 HP 33 GPM pump just in case I decide to put a water softener on the well and convert it back to...
  5. Retired IT guy

Thanks so much! The static level was 20 feet in 1994, it looks like it is about 10 feet now. I have been looking at pumps that were rated for over 200 feet, so I guess now I can expand my search.
  6. Retired IT guy

My deep well pump died after 24 years of use. The plaque on the well head said the well was 200 feet deep, but when I pulled it up yesterday the pump was only 100 feet deep. Why drill a 200 foot well and only sink the pump halfway? Should I place the new pump at the same depth or try to go...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks