Search results

1. JaCkaL829

Repairing Steam Pipe Return

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding repairing a black iron 1.5” steam pipe return. What would be the best/easiest way to repair it? One of the pipes that threads into the tee has begun leaking, I’m assuming the pipe corroded since it’s at the lowest section of the steam boiler...
  2. JaCkaL829

WDI Ecoflush B8106S Leaking Water When Flushed

Hello all, I'm trying to help out a friend who had their basement refinished about 3 years ago. They added a small half bathroom, and the 'handyman' instructed them to install a special wall mount toilet. I believe this was done to avoid the labor of building up a platform, or to cut through...
  3. JaCkaL829

Fernco Donut vs No Hub Transition Coupling? Plastic to CI drain

Hello all, Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I have a powder room (toilet and sink) on my first floor that needs all the drain pipes replaced. Luckily the section of my basement isn't finished so the pipes are all exposed. It's the older XH cast iron, and has quite a few large cracks...
  4. JaCkaL829

3" vs 4" drain pipe for half bathroom

Hello all, I have a half bathroom, powder room (toilet, and lavatory) that are on their own seperate branch that tie into the main vertical stack in my basement. The drain for the toilet and lav are mostly old, 4" cast iron that are at the end of their life, cracks throughout the line. I'd like...
  5. JaCkaL829

Cast drain: horizontal to vertical (main stack)

Hello, I have some older cast iron drain pipe I believe 4” that ties into the main vertical stack that need to be replaced due to cracking from within. This only services a toilet and sink for a powder room. I would like to replace with 3” PVC and follow the same path as what’s in there now. I’m...
  6. JaCkaL829

Replacing CI Waste Line, couple questions

Hello, As my title states, I'm looking for some guidance/help with replacing older CI waste lines in my house. I noticed the smell of my wife's shampoo in the basement, and looking at the pipes in my basement (not finished) I noticed my waste lines, primarily the connection into my main stack...
  7. JaCkaL829

Copper Drain Stub Out?

Hello, Quite some time since I've posted on here, but I've always appreciated and respected all of the member's feedback anytime I've come into a problem, or wanted to look something up plumbing related. Although I'm by no means a plumber, I still enjoy the work, and find it really fascinating...
  8. JaCkaL829

Connecting Expansion Tank with Flexible Hose?

Hello, After noticing high water pressure in my home, I have decided to install a Watts presssure reducing valve right after my water meter to hopefully prolong my fixtures life, reduce water bill and help with water hammer. All the reading I've done along with good feedback from forum members...
  9. JaCkaL829

Increased water pressure after changing water supply lines?

Hello, As my title says, I'm experiencing higher water pressure in my house after I replaced some water supply lines. I cut out a section of 25-30 feet of older supply lines in my basement that was sheetrocked over. Every other supply line is 1/2" copper (some M some L) that feed my kitchen...
  10. JaCkaL829

Recommended Flux and Solder for Beginner?

Hello all, I've been reading up, and learning more and more as I've been remodeling parts of my older home in Northern, NJ. I have great respect for plumbers, and I would like to learn/acquire some basic plumbing skills to avoid calling my plumber for everything. He is a great guy, but he is...
  11. JaCkaL829

Washing Machine Standpipe and Sink Drain tied to one drain?

Hello, I just registered for this forum as I've been Googling information on my above topic, and this seemed to be the place in DIY and plumbing. I am happy to be here, and hope to get some information on my setup which is unique to me, but probably not many of you. I'm in the process of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks