Search results

1. cab1960

Fixture units question...

So are you saying that if a shower stall has multiple shower heads it has to have multiple floor drains? The code says a garage floor drain can service multiple fixtures. I would assume wet room drain would be no different... There is nothing in the code I can find that limits the water flow...
  2. cab1960

I'm not following....it's just like the examples I posted above directly from the code...
  3. cab1960

Should have checked the code appendix....here is the answer for where to connect the drain in relation to the wet vent:
  4. cab1960

Maybe here is the answer: SPS 382.30(3) What is the dfu value of a garage catch basin? According to SPS Table 382.30, the drainage fixture unit value of a floor drain is four. Since a garage catch basin is a modified floor drain, the dfu value of a garage catch basin is also four...
  5. cab1960

I thought it would work the same as the following wet vent illustration, replace water closet with shower.......
  6. cab1960

The way I see it, it's one big shower since there is only one drain...because there are two shower heads shouldn't mean it needs two drains, should it? I see these multiple head shower and body spray showers- they only have one drain....??? Since this 3" drain is at the end of the drain piping...
  7. cab1960

Are PVC unions allowed in a kitchen sink drain line?

Already have the union. They seem readily available.....I would like to use it in a horizontal position right above the shelf inside the cabinet. Sure makes removing the trap and AAV easy. Unless they aren't allowed, I would like to use it....
  8. cab1960

It's a large, deep sink. Are pvc unions ok?
  9. cab1960

Ok...let me give a little more background to my question... I have a wet room, 8' x 11' which will have two showers and a soaking tub (drain onto the floor of the wet room). All of these will drain from the room via a 3" floor drain. To vent this floor drain, I would like to wet vent it through...
  10. cab1960

My understanding is that these AAV's may fail and need to be replaced.
  11. cab1960

How would the fixture units be counted in the following situation: a shower room in which there are two shower fixtures and a soaking tub (which drains to the floor), all of which are drained through a single floor drain....Would this be counted as 1 fixture (a shower albeit a big one), or would...
  12. cab1960

Have an island sink that I would like to plumb with a PVC union in the cabinet so that I could more easily remove the trap and AAV all together as the AAV is tight between the sink and upper part of the cabinet and will be a pain if/when I need to change it.... I know that the trap is considered...
  13. cab1960

No clean out necessary?

Think I will put one in right above the double fixture cross...
  14. cab1960

No clean out necessary?

As the title states, is there no clean out necessary in this double lav plumbing, for example, right above the double fixture fitting?
  15. cab1960

Horizontal double wye for two sinks...kosher?

You don't see to be familiar with aspiration...
  16. cab1960

Why no issue with flow through one drain sucking the water out of the other trap as it flows by (aspiration).....the vent is on the other side of the trap???
  17. cab1960

What stops one drain from syphoning the other trap?
  18. cab1960

Is this configuration code (any?) compliant?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks