Search results

1. CherylB

Baffled! Replacing existing same toilet does not fit!!

Again, thank you all for reading and replying, glad I found this forum! We got new closet bolts but verified they were the exact same size (would that make a difference??). The new floor raises the existing floor and I agree the position of the wall may be different now that it is slightly...
  2. CherylB

Thank you for replying. We are going to do what you're suggesting as we attached it with tank and toilet together and found the one bolt to be slightly on an angle and if we drill and file a bit my bf thinks it will straighten. However I'm still very confused as to how the previous owners got...
  3. CherylB

Thank you again for all the replies. If we were to drill and file and move the bolts forward will there still be a seal? SaniSeal is a good idea we already went through one wax ring because we thought it was as easy to put back as it was to come off. We are thinking about trying to put it on...
  4. CherylB

Thank you for the replies. But attaching the toilet to the floor is no issue, its putting the tank on afterwards. Once the toilet is bolted to the floor the tank just has no room to attach to the toilet without tilting the tank which just does not seem correct but also because it came straight...
  5. CherylB

Hello, My bf and I are baffled. We are replacing an old floor and he removed the existing toilet with ease. Came off in 5 min. There was a rubber gasket that we replaced with a wax ring. The left bolt in the flange have been moved to the furthest position it could be away from the wall with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks