Search results

1. Dude051

Fleck 7000sxt Still Not Softening

Thanks I actually have the Danco silicon grease and it works great. I used it when I was tearing down and troubleshooting my faulty bypass. Sadly I think the o-ring has been missing this whole time. It would explain how I pulled the last distributor and found no issues and why the problems...
  2. Dude051

Sorry I grabbed the wrong info from Google. it is the Fleck 40924 which is 32mm, "1-1/4 PVC" 1.66 OD. Thanks for the help all, I tasted the drain after discharge and it was salty immediately. I pulled the valve this morning, and discovered that the o-ring was missing from the riser which was...
  3. Dude051

The riser tube was flush with the top of the tank when installed. I did not remove the resin before putting the riser tube back in, so this is what I was referring to.
  4. Dude051

So I did a full regen cycle, and the water is still testing at 18 gpg. I let the water run through for a solid 1-2 minutes before getting my sample. Current settings are: DF = GAL VT = df2b Ct = Fd C = 36 H = 20 RS = cr DO = 14 RT = 2:00 B1 = 10 BD = 60 B2 = 5 RR = 10 BF = 16 FM = t1.2 To...
  5. Dude051

I don't believe I have a Fleck 61419 if you are meaning the 32mm adapter. I have the Fleck 40677 32mm distributor tube so its 32mm all the way to the basket. Can confirm too because this is what I replaced.
  6. Dude051

Got it. When I added the gravel it seemed as if it had not lost much resin. The way I got the distributor tube and basket down into the bed was I pushed it into the bed, got on a ladder and blew into the tube until I got it all the way down. The tube stuck out about half the length of the tank...
  7. Dude051

So sadly I never solved the mystery of resin in my water lines. I had actual resin beads in faucets and especially it would clog the screen of my clothes washer which I had to clean regularly. I went so far as to pull the entire distributor tube, I inspected and even replaced the PVC piece and...
  8. Dude051

TL;DR - My softener is not softening after back to back regeneration at the max salt capacity. Verified salt dose, brine tank draw and line, valve not clogged. System is only about 2 years old, and it was bought new, installed by me in our at the time 3 year old home. Fleck 7000sxt BLFC : 0.250...
  9. Dude051

Resin in Water

To troubleshoot the leak, can I re-plumb and flip the bypass upside down to switch the bypass outlets? My thinking is to see if I flip the bypass, while correctly re-plumbing it, I can see if it leaks on the same side or the other which should help me narrow it down to the valve body or the...
  10. Dude051

Resin in Water

I finally got around to do this, and after putting in 15lbs of gravel and running one full regeneration cycle the turbine seems to not be seizing. I think I won that battle! When I pulled the distributor basket and tube, I physically found resin inside the basket and it easily passed through...
  11. Dude051

Resin in Water

Oh also just in case as Reach4 mentioned, if there is too much weight from the flex lines I am going to add some supports to alleviate that.
  12. Dude051

Resin in Water

After my last post, I had taken the turbine out once more and it now seems to be reading, only at random times. If I go turn on some faucets I don't get a water indicator blinking on the display. I came back the next day after work though and it had decreased the water count, so I know its...
  13. Dude051

Resin in Water

So I pulled it last night, and after messing with the turbine it seems that the issue is if I push it all the way in the turbine is restricted. Example is, if I put the turbine in and push it in only about two inches, I can use a screw driver to flick it and get it to spin. If I push it all the...
  14. Dude051

Resin in Water

Thanks for the posts! Sorry I am just getting back to this. I quadruple checked reversed inlet/outlet, so sure that is correct. What's funny is it did work when I got the unit for the first few weeks and if I pull the bypass off and take the turbine in and place back in sometimes it will work...
  15. Dude051

Resin in Water

Hello All, I have been visiting the forums for a long while and within the last year I purchased a Fleck 7000sxt 48,000 Grain system from an online site. Everything went great with the install but I have been plagued with three issues, which I think may be all be related in some way. Thanks to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks