Search results

1. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

The license holder developed the well in the late 70s and operated local until about 2000. One of their employees, the one I'm dealing with, took over the business about 2001. Here's the thing, many of you are craftsmen and business owners, I've not contacted the license owner as I really hate...
  2. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

You are correct AND I mis-typed. The tech had set it at 2 psi below cut-in i.e. at 38 psi for the 40/60 switch.
  3. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

This is a pitless well with a 1hp submersible pump - all piping below frost level until it comes up into the bathroom at the shop, where all the pump components are. I'll try to get a photo, but the system has been operating since the late 70s without problems other than the periodic pump...
  4. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

Interested in work around - extreme drought here and 100 degree weather damaged orchard and bearing shrubs this spring from having to limit well use. I can't afford to replace the system after only a year. I need the well service to provide a working well. Meantime, I don't want it to set my...
  5. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

Yes for over 9 months. I live alone and tried to limit demand on the system to bare bones waiting for the installer. No follow up by me over the winter due to poor health. The inside of the p-switch was absolutely blackened at replacement. The QD reset is to pull off and put cover on again. It...
  6. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

These tanks are almost exclusively used in the area - maybe installer preferences. However, my experience prior with the Pentair is they last over 8 years. The new tank was less than 30 days to extreme short cycle behavior of the p-switch. My search of the tanks were that incorrect factory...
  7. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

No. I need the system to function but am hesitant to threaten or impact a man's living. What could I expect from contacting them?
  8. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

The tank was new at the start of the issue and the p-switch when finally checked had scorched the cover. The controller was getting too hot to touch. All parts being new, it's a process of elimination, I suppose. The problem was noted 30 days from installation but the installer has been...
  9. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

Got a verbal estimate that was from the man who had put in the 2001 replacement. ALL the parts were new August 2019 and the problem was noted and reported a month later when the well shut down. The well components are in the shop about 150' from the house so not apparent until critical. The...
  10. Coloradogirl

New well parts failing

August 2019, local well service installed: new 220 1 hp submersible pump; new QD pump controller; new fiberglass 100 gal tank and returned a few weeks later to replace 30/50 with a 40/60 pressure switch. Within weeks (Sept. 2019) the controller shut off well and on reset found the pressure...
  11. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

To all of you who stepped up and offered help- THANKS and have a blessed holiday. After reading all posts, I called the excavation contractor out this morning. Then, I found/bought a new gage (went for the oil filled version) and new pressure switch and replaced them while the were digging...
  12. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

On closer look, it appears that there is a brass pressure relief valve installed at the gage/switch section. So, now I'm confused, why didn't it function?
  13. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

It is quite rural here so I imagine the ranch supply store has parts in stock. Orig. is Square D switch and Campbell gage. When they replaced the tank for me they did a mess of elbows and short connecters, which means I have little or no straight pipe to connect to and may be forced to replace...
  14. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

The room was 22 degrees, but I'd checked the heater recently, The toilet had ice in the bowl but was not frozen solid and the water heater, which was off, showed no sign of being frozen so I'm not sure the tank froze. With 2 days of 45 degrees - I'm better able to see viewable pipe damage. The...
  15. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

Something has changed - but I'll get to that. I was wrong - only one pipe up thru cement base. I thought, and believe I saw, water coming up around pipe. Not now. Pressure was high when pump was running - not now. Pressure remains constant by tank at 22 psi on old gage - may not be working...
  16. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

I go out and take photos now. The electric conduit is below ground but can be seen if you remove/look down bolt on top. The pipe appears to be a big outer pipe with the well pipe and head (nearly as large) within it. Water appeared to be coming from the small gap between inner and outer pipe...
  17. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

The pressure is taken from the one at the pressure tank. The well is centered with the house system to the south and the shop bath/pressure tank to the north. I do have a pressure gage with hose/faucet gage, should I attach it to water heater at the shop or something at the house (or both?). I...
  18. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

Can you speculate on what pipe might be broken? As the water appears to be leaching up from the gap between the pipes, at the well head, where they surface at the cement slab - is it likely that the break is to the casing or is it possible that the water might be coming in from a break in the...
  19. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

Yes. The pressure = 50/60 with breaker on and pump running. The pressure drops to 25 +/- and remains constant when I shut the breaker off. I'm going to need to run water (or find a way to haul some in) to a stock tank - is damage likely to occur or worsen if I run the well/pump?
  20. Coloradogirl

Winter well leak

The heater, where the pressure tank is located, failed during subzero weather. Here is the setup: If you are standing at the pitless well, the house is a couple hundred feet to the south and the shop that holds the fiberglass pressure tank is 60' +/- to the north of you. Prior to failure water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks