Search results

1. Goldenrule

Problem with water spots on chrome fixtures

Hi Paul. I am also in the Portland area and am wondering if you have a contact at Pixis Labs? Or, did they give you any other reference points about silica (other than 57 is considered annoying)? We are building in Sherwood and have a well with water that is at 29.2 mg/L of silica. Trying to...
  2. Goldenrule

What amount of silica requires treatment in well water?

Okay, thank you. Our turbidity and total dissolved solids were pretty low, however. I think the silica is a product of what the water picks up flowing through old volcanic rock to the aquifer. You can't see it with the naked eye. Perhaps we will have the silica levels tested again since we have...
  3. Goldenrule

What amount of silica requires treatment in well water?

Hi there. We are building a house in the Pacific NW and will be on well water. Our well was drilled 2 years ago, and we recently had comprehensive water tests done. We can't seem to get any straight answers on when silica becomes problematic, i.e. etching glass, fixtures, etc. I know a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks